Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel 225-v 2.5gb ethernetport problems

Xlc
Beginner

I had just bought a motherboard with one of these ethernet ports attached to it. i am unable to install any drivers for it whether from the supplied drivers disc, mother board manufacturer's website, nor any of the intel device drivers. my device manager is flagging its bios name as
\_SB.PCI0.GPP1.PT02.PT29.I225

has problem is flagged as <true>

device events are as follows in order
Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15F3&SUBSYS_87D21043&REV_02\6&2c0ef99d&0&0048020A requires further installation.

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15F3&SUBSYS_87D21043&REV_02\6&2c0ef99d&0&0048020A was configured.

Driver Name: null
Class Guid: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Driver Date:
Driver Version:
Driver Provider:
Driver Section:
Driver Rank: 0x0
Matching Device Id:
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43EA&SUBSYS_33081B21&REV_00\5&73100fc&0&48020A

attached file indicates that the port device itself does not exist.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Rottmeister
Novice

This is a problem with faulty hardware. You need to install firmware update to get the controller to be recognized. 

0 Kudos
Xlc
Beginner

Bios firmware update did nothing to fix the problem. device still has the same identifiers listed in device manager.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Xlc,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities and we apologize for the inconvenience that this issue have caused.

We highly suggest contacting ASUS support for the instructions on how to install the firmware of your Intel® Ethernet Controller I225-V. 

ASUS Support

https://www.asus.com/us/support/

Please also be informed that for Original Equipment Manufacturer on-board Ethernet controller, it would be best if you can get in touch with your manufacturer for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Xlc
Beginner

I had followed asus's firmware installation guide but it didn't really change anything regarding how the port is treated. it still has the same designation in the device manager and the boot manager cannot recognize it.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Xlc,

Thank you for the swift response.

Have tried raising this to Asus? If yes, can you share their feedback with us? If not yet, will you be able to raise this with them as this might be an issue with the hardware itself? 

Awaiting to hear from you.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Xlc,

Good day!

We'd like to follow up the additional information that we are requesting for. In case you need more time with this, feel free to let us know.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Should there be no reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
NotImpressed
New Contributor I

Why don't you admit you sold us a faulty product, stop screwing us around.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Xlc,

How are you doing?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
6kbyte
Novice
0 Kudos