Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4862 Discussions

Intel 82566DC Network Adapter Questions

JG7
Beginner

Greetings:

I have a Dell PC desktop running Win 10 and it has a Intel 82566DC Gigabit Network Adapter.

Questions:

1. My current driver version is 9.13.41.3. Is this the latest version. If not can you point me to the latest version for this adapter and OS

2. Does this adapter/driver support magic packet. I'm currently trying to wake PC on LAN with magic packet.

Thanks in advance...john

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi beachfarmer,

Thank you for contacting Intel.

The drivers and software for Intel 82566 Controller is available for download https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/34460/Intel-82566DC-Gigabit-Ethernet-PHY here. The latest drivers can support Windows* 7 and Server 2008.

With regards to the magic packet support, please consult with Dell*, as they are more familiar with your PC specs.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Sandy

0 Kudos
CARL_W_Intel
Employee

The only driver available for the 82566 is the native inbox Windows 10 driver. The Device Manager will have all OS supported capabilities listed. Due to the age of the controller, there is no separate driver available to download from Intel for Windows 10.

0 Kudos
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi Carl_Wilson,

Thank you for contacting Intel.

You can check if the feature is supported by going in to the adapter's properties. In Device Manager, look for the Network Adapter, right-click on it and select Properties. In Adapter Properties, go to Advanced tab, look for "Wake on Magic Packet" and see if it is "Enabled".

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Sandy

0 Kudos