Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4855 Discussions

Intel 82567V-2 ICH10(R+) Gigabit Network Connection Driver

NotThing
Beginner

As in title. I checked my network card in both HWiNFO and Device manager after I couldn't find any drivers! Even intel DSA doesn't find any driver to update but I think I have the wrong driver installed. The internet connection is not stable (on Discord; ping jumps 50ms-150 sometimes even 300 and it is not normal averge ping: 150ms and even in game) and speed is same as on the phone. Even if it's not because of driver it would be nice to have the good one. If you need any information let me know I have much time. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello NotThing,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Can we request for you to provide us a picture for your network card focusing on the markings both front and back so we can check if the network card that you are using is an Intel or a 3rd party. 

Kindly refer to the link below as reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/ethernet-products/500-series-network-adapters-up-to-10gbe.html

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
NotThing
Beginner
It's built in...motherboard. I just noticed I didn't give You any specs I'm sorry for that, so the most important are:
Motherboard: Pegatron Ipiel-la rev.1.03.
Cpu: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What version of Windows are you running? If Windows 10 or later, there is no support provided for this adapter. A Microsoft compatibility driver might be allowing it to work, but it's an unsupported, what-you-see-is-what-you-get with regards to features and performance.

Sorry,

...S

P.S. for Information on what Intel does and doesn't support, consult this page: Windows 10 Support for Intel Ethernet Adapters.

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello NotThing,

Thank you for your update.

Unfortunately, starting with Release 23.5, the drivers for Intel 82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connection was no longer updated. You can also find this information from the README.txt file of our Release Notes. For reference, attached below is a link on where you can find the README file.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19622/intel-ethernet-product-software-release-notes.html

In addition, since you mentioned that you were using an onboard adapter, it would be best to check with your board/system manufacturer for further support since they have customized FW, drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position for you to seek assistance so you do not lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.

Let us know if you need clarifications. If we do not receive an update from you, we will make sure to make a follow-up after 3 business days.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello NotThing,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to know if you have any other questions or clarifications please let us know so we would know if we can close the thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello NotThing,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos