Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

Intel 82579V Issue

SGarl
Beginner

<><> Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong place <><>

Ok I'll keep this brief.

Problem:- LAN regulary disconnects and reconnets 30 seconds later.

Symptons:- Loose connection to Lan / Internet for around 30 seconds.

Background:- Had this problem with both P8P67 B2 and P8P67 pro boards. I have several other computers connected to the switch (not hub) and they are working fine. Have replaced the lead to no avail. Have even used the same lead in several other computers which works fine.

Config:-

Study

Netgear 8 port SWITCH 10/100/1000

Server

VOIP

PC

Switch connected to lounge hard wired via outdoor sheilded cat6 lead.

Lounge

Netgear 8 port SWITCH 10/100/1000

Router

XBOX 360

Wii

<><><>

Message in System Event Logs;-

<><>

Warning message - date time - source = e1cexpress

Event ID = 27

Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

- Network link is disconnected

<><>

Then it states its connected again.

Have also tried the following;-

Remove Kaspersky 2011

Ensure ALL power management even OS is disabled

Use IPV4 instead of IPv6 in prefix policies

Disable nativue IPv6

Disable tunnel IPv6

Disable IPv6

netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh int ip set global taskoffload=disabled

Disabled SNP;-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters]

EnableTCPChimney=dword:00000000

EnableTCPA=dword:00000000

EnableRSS=dword:00000000

Have tried driver from Asus MB CD, Asus Website, Your Website, Windows Update all to no avail.

Please help.

0 Kudos
231 Replies
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

I don't know anything specific that might be causing you to lose the wired networking connection. Here are some ideas and questions where the answers may or may not end up being relevant. The answers might help in duplicating your issue here or the answers might suggest a workaround.

What is the OS on the computers where the network connection stops working? Are there any messages in the Windows event log? What is the switch (or router) make, model, and firmware version? Are you using the latest BIOS on the computers?

Besides trying different driver versions, what other things have you tried? Have you tried disabling any features on the network connections to see if that helps? Are you using all default configuration settings or are you using a different configuration on the network connections? Do you have only the base drivers installed, or do you have Intel(R) PROSet and Advanced Networking Services installed? If you uninstall all the network connections software and then do a new install of the drivers, does that make any difference?

Do you have virtual adapters installed as part of a software protection suite, VPN or other application? If yes, what is installed? Does it make a difference if you install the network drivers first and then install the other software?

Mark H

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for help!

OSs are Windows 7 x86 and x64. There is no reason for the problem in event log, only symptoms of not having a network connection. Mainly default network configuration. Some have only the base driver and some have PROSet too. (Btw when the problem was on, I went through the PROSet hardware diagnostics and everything was ok) I haven't tried uninstalling network drivers, maybe I can try that later. Some of the computers have the latest BIOS, some not.

Some have VMware virtual adapters but not all so that shouldn't be the cause. We have Endpoint VPN and OfficeScan AV but on one machine we uninstalled both and the problem still existed. We have several different HP ProCurve managed switches (latest FW) and some of the failing computers are attached to cheap unmanaged gigabit switches. Now we plugged a USB ethernet adapter to one computer and that keeps on working. Maybe all of the failing adapters are connected to gigabit ports, we could maybe try to force some to 100Mbps...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, i have also problems with 82579V Gigabit Ethernet.

Windows7 professional, clean install, only drivers.

When system boots, Intel 82579 can not be startet (Code 10).

in Device-Manager -> deactivate, wait 5sec, activate and connection works until next reboot.

I have latest bios, latest driver and no antivirus software installes.

New cable, tested with TP-Link 1016d and D-Link Gbit Switches, same problem.

My configuration:

Intel Desktop Board

BLH6710H.86A.0156.2012.0615.1908

Product: DH67BL

Version: AAG10189-205

Serial: BTBL11500463

LAN:

Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Controller

Windows 7 X64, 8GB Ram

Core I3-2120

Driver Version 11.16.96.0

Date 21.06.2012

Please help!

0 Kudos
PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

Code 10 errors are sometimes related to problems with drivers or their installation so as this is a clean insallation, what precise steps did you undertake to get to where you are today eg Installed OS on a freshly partitioned/formatted HDD - then what? If you check http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-031891.htm Intels Driver installation order page, it gives clear instructions on the order of installation - did you follow that? What cards and hardware are plugged into the motherboard slots and ports? Have you loaded and saved BIOS default values?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Install Win7, deleted all partitions

reboot

Install Win7 SP1

reboot

Install Intel INF package latest version

reboot

Install Intel ProX64 for 82579 from download site

reboot

... same problem

my workaround is now a intel CT desktop gigabit nic in a PCI-E1

0 Kudos
PPast2
Beginner

After extensive research, I decided to go old school and put the following .bat into my start folder. I'm an old punch card IBM 360 Assembler and FORTRAN programmer and not into hardware.

netsh interface set interface "Local Area Connection" DISABLED

netsh interface set interface "Local Area Connection" ENABLED

It works EVERY TIME!I I give credit to this this person for the commands.

http://www.techiwarehouse.com/engine/6dcd188f/Disabling-/-Enabling-Network-Adapter http://www.techiwarehouse.com/engine/6dcd188f/Disabling-/-Enabling-Network-Adapter

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi all,

For Windows 8 users, try turning off 'Fast Start-up'. This forces Windows to boot from new rather than resuming from hibernation.

I too get the issues mentioned and I believe it is a timing issue.

Restarting forces Windows to boot fresh hence why the NIC comes back online for most of us. 'Resuming / fast boot' may be reloading Windows too quickly before the NIC has a chance to power up or the NIC drivers to respond. This would also explain why it's easy to re enable the NIC by restarting its services or disabling/re-enabling.

For Windows 7 users, search Google for 'wait for network' registry key. This forces Windows to wait for the network services to be ready before fully booting. This usually helps PC's connected to a domain but may be worth trying.

Hope this is of some help!

Boyd

0 Kudos
es1
Beginner

Hi all

this is my first post as i thought id never resort to this but i have an isue with my 82579v intel ethernet adapter

i tried to install windows 8 and during the install it said it wasnt compatible and to uninstall it to continue... i uninstalled it all and then i had windows 8 with no network so i rolled back to windows 7 even though i had to put a new copy and now i have a wondows.old folder. I tried downloading every driver for this i coiuld find off intel but none work... most of them say that they are corrupt or damaged when i extract to run

i have no idea what the latest diver is as they all dont install on my machine

PLEASEE HELLPPPPP

0 Kudos
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I'm not sure what's going on with your network connection, but I have at least one idea.

You might be seeing the problem fixed by the utility at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22026 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22026. I would give that a try.

The Windows 8 download is at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=21642 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=21642. (This same webpack works for Windows 7 too.) If the file is causing problems, there is an older version of the download at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23070 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23070. You don't need to extract these files to run them. Just run the exe file to install the drivers. I don't know what brand and model of your computer or motherboard you have, but you might want to try the drivers from the manufacturer's website. Those files are usually the versions tested with your system.

I hope this helps.

Mark H

0 Kudos
es1
Beginner

hi ive tried using the utlitiy and it always says it corrupt when trying to run it, also im using a z77 asus sabertooth mobo. ive used the cd that came with it and ran the drivers and they installed but still no connection

0 Kudos
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

The posted files are good, so I don't know why you are getting a message that shows they are corrupt. Possibly there is something wrong with your installation of Windows or your connection isn't allowing you to get the entire file you are trying to download. You might want to try downloading the files from a different computer.

Mark H

0 Kudos
CGilb2
Beginner

Hi,

For my concern I got the bad chipset detection 82579LM instead of 82579V on a Asus P8Z77-V and therefore the code error 10.

Bios is up to date together with intel drivers.

When I applied the command patch Lewisville NVM ASKU, they're are 2 independant issues, either the command line says AdaptorFailure and the prog ends or it's crash after the 'Scanning' line on the cmd terminal.

I heard on other forums that the screw located near the chipset on the MB could cause this sort of code error 10.

Any guess ?

ty

0 Kudos
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

I don't know anything about the motherboard screw issue, but maybe you do have some type of hardware failure. I don't have any other ideas.

Mark H

0 Kudos
RZell
Beginner

I've a Gigabyte G1.Sniper.M3 MB with 82597V chip and the connection drop problem as well. I tried different driver, settings, cables and switches without success. Bought a € 10,- TP-Link PCIe NIC with Realtek chipset and all problems are gone. But that's not satisfying.

For me it's clearly a driver issue and I ask myself if it's the same issue as discussed for Linux here /thread/26804?start=0&tstart=0 http://communities.intel.com/thread/26804?start=0&tstart=0

Some clever guys take a look at the source code and became aware that the 92579LM chip has "K1 power save" optimization and at 1Gb speed this is causing the chaos. Disabling the K1 power save optimization in a patched driver fixed the problem.

@Intel: the Linux solution dated June 2013, Intel's latest Windows driver dated May 2013. Is it possible to disable and test the "K1 power save" optimization for the Windows driver as well?

Ralph

0 Kudos
JT11
Beginner

I have the same NIC on a ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe.

I recently updated my Intel NIC driver to 18.3 and started getting e1cexpress, Event ID 27, Network link is disconnected issues. I ran the 82579VSKUW64e in command prompt and it said no update needed.

I uninstalled 18.3 and went back to my old 16.8.1 driver and the errors stopped appearing in Event Viewer. I'm pretty sure it's a driver related issue at this point.

I noticed that 18.5 is available on Download Center, has anyone tried 18.5?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I buy a new network card and solvent so the problem

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

[SOLVED] I just set up a brand-new rig with the P8Z77-V Pro and from day one the LAN adapter (Intel 82579V) was giving trouble. It would require several system reboots before it would decide to connect. I also tried all suggestions from several forums with no avail. I then came across a German forum where someone with my same router model (FritzBox) offered a rather simple solution:

• Log in to your router and disable whatever power-saving options you find. In my case I just made the port I am plugging my new computer always active preventing it from ever going idle when not used.

My connection works FLAWLESSLY ever since independent of driver versions or "special" settings. Apparently the newest generation of ASUS motherboards are way too green and don't blow the whistle loud enough to wake up my good old German router ;-)

idata
Employee

For me I tried a lot of different things to get my ASUS Z68V-PRO board working again with my Netgear DG834GT and was on the verge of reinstalling windows when I found the solution that works for me.

I switched my old crimped network cable for a better quality one from a spare homeplug I had amd since I did this I've had (touch wood) no issues for a whole 20 minutes. Before it would always lose the connection every minute as long as the machine was running.

I think that this wasn't originally the case and the cable still works with older pcs so my suspicion is that this chipset combined with the latest drivers is more sensitive to poor quality ethernet cable. As a result cable that has worked for years may no longer work. In general machine made cable is of better quality than home crimped cable so if you have some spare high quality cable lying around give it a try.

idata
Employee

Forgot to add that when I log into windows and try to connect to anything I get Disconnected and Connected every 2-3 second for 1 min! Then its like "normal".

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It seems that I'm not the only one with this problem but I'll post my setup too.

The Intel 82579v (hey intel use easier to remember numbers next time? ) is on the Asus p8z77 v pro. I usually log out and log in again to fix the problem but it's a big hassle to have to do this every single day when I startup.

I'm connected to a Netgear WGR614 v7. When I boot into ubuntu problem resolves itself. In fact windows is the only OS that I've had this problem with.

If there's need for more information I'll be happy to provide.

0 Kudos
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

@kingkazma, @elmar,

Please describe the symptoms you are seeing. We have had a lot of posters in this thread and differrent people have described their symptoms differently.

@elmar,

What device are you connected to at the other end of the link?

Thanks for taking the time to post the information.

Mark H

0 Kudos