Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Intel 82579V drops connection every hour on windows 10

KFlem1
Beginner

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire X3960 small desktop with Intel 82579V. Ever since upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 I have had problems with dropped connections. I have tried various drivers from Intel and Microsoft, old and new, without any success (currently on driver version 12.15.22.6 from Microsoft from 2016, which seems to be the most stable. Still, the connection is dropping almost every hour. It usually picks up after waiting a few minutes, otherwise I need to go through disabling and enabling the network adapter to get it going again.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Kfscotde,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Communities.

You may look into additional testing such as connecting your system to different network. However, since the issue only happens after upgrading to Windows 10, I'd suggest checking with Acer for similar issue and solution. Normally, system manufacturer supports Windows 10 upgrade on certain system models. if your system model is part of the upgrade list, there should be updates and assistance to ensure functionality.

Regards,

Vince

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Kfscotde,

Please let us know if you have other assistance needed for your 82579V Ethernet controller.

Regards,

Vince
0 Kudos