Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Intel 82579V identified as 82579LM

TLüdt
Beginner

Hello,

i have Intel 82579V and after Windows Start (Windows 10 Home 1909) it is disabled and identified as 82579LM. I tried to install latest Intel driver (Version: 23.4) an Microsoft driver (12.17.10.8).

I wanted to try Troubleshooting 000028256 https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000028256/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html but the link to this NVM Update Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22026/NVM-Update-Utility-for-Intel-82579V-Gigabit-Ethernet-PHY-Network-Connection) no longer exists.

What can I do?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello TLüdt,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

While we are checking on this matter, please provide the following information as this would help us to further investigate your query.

1.) Is there any software or hardware changes prior to the issue?

2.) Is this a newly built system? If no, can you share how long was your system working and when was the issue first encountered?

3.) Please share the exact model of your system.

We look forward to your response.

In case we don't hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
TLüdt
Beginner

Hello,

my system consists of a ASUS board P8Z68-V PRO with the network controller Intel 82579V.

It is from 2012 and it worked with Windows 7 without problems. After switching to windows 10 a few years ago, it continued to work without any problems.

In recent years there have been increasing problems that have sometimes disappeared after windows updates. At the moment I have the problem without software and hardware changes that the network controller is not recognized correctly every time Windows is started.

It is exactly as described in this post: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000028256/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

After clicking on "scan for hardware changes" in the device manager, the device is recognized as an Intel 82579V and works again until the next start of windows.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello TLüdt,

Thank you for the reply.

Does this mean that the issue has been resolved even after couple restart of Windows?

After clicking on "scan for hardware changes" in the device manager, the device is recognized as an Intel 82579V and works again until the next start of windows.

Awaiting to hear from you.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
TLüdt
Beginner

Hello,

the problem can also be resolved by a restart of Windows.

But I solve it through device manager: "After clicking on "scan for hardware changes" in the device manager, the device is recognized as an Intel 82579V and works ..."

I thought that the NVM Update Utility Fix NVM Intel® 82579V Gigabit-Ethernet-PHY Connection might be the solution. But the link to this utility doesn't work anymore.

What do you think?

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello TLüdt,

Appreciate your prompt response.

We are glad to hear that the issue was now resolved. We will be trying to update the troubleshooting steps on Article 000028256.

If you do not have additional questions on this matter, please be informed that we will be closing this request after 1 business day. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future.

May you have an amazing weekend ahead!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
TLüdt
Beginner

Hello,

sorry, but my problem is not resolved, it still exists.

Every time Windows is started, the network adapter is still incorrectly recognized.

What is the solution?

That's why I wrote: "I thought that the NVM Update Utility Fix NVM Intel® 82579V Gigabit-Ethernet-PHY Connection might be the solution. But the link to this utility doesn't work anymore."

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello TLüdt,

We sincerely apologize for the confusion.

Just to clarify, you mentioned that "the problem can also be resolved by a restart of Windows. But I solve it through device manager: "After clicking on "scan for hardware changes" in the device manager, the device is recognized as an Intel 82579V and works ..."

Does this mean that you were able to resolve the issue temporarily by clicking "scan for hardware changes". However after Windows restart, the issue still persist?

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
TLüdt
Beginner

Hello,

yes it is. It is only temporary. After Windows restart, the issue still persist.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello TLüdt,

Thank you for the swift response.

Please allow us to continue to investigate on this. Rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello TLüdt,

Good day!

We have sent private message to you. Please check your inbox and let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
User1587852407382730

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I believe it began to occur after the Windows 10 upgrade to version 1909. I have tried uninstalling the 82579LM device but it will reappear on the next boot of Windows 10. I then have to go into device manager and scan for hardware changes which fixes the connection issue until the next boot of Windows . Please help. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello User15878524073827304901,

We have sent a private message to you. Please check your inbox and do not hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Good day!

We'd like to check if you have additional questions or assistance needed on this matter. In case you do, please let us know and we will be glad to be of help.

Awaiting to hear from you.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Good day!

Since you have mentioned on the forum link below that the problem was now resolved, we will now proceed with request closure. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004ej7Cw/82579v-appears-as-82579lm

Thank you for continuing to use of Intel products!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos