Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4860 Discussions

Intel 82579V integrated gigabit network adapter

sjane1
Beginner

All,

My integrated nic stopped working after windows 10 upgrade. The newest drivers from the Intel site does not fix the issue. I even tried the drivers for 8.1, 8, and Windows 7. None of them work. Nic is integrated into a Maximus IV Gene-Z motherboard. Nic will not connect to the Internet. Upgraded to Windows 10 from a Windows 7 install where the nic was working without issues.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi Meph,

Thank you for contacting Intel.

When you upgrade to Windows* 10, have you tried the inbox (default) driver available in Windows 10?

Sincerely,

Sandy

0 Kudos
sjane1
Beginner

Sandy,

Yes, that's what is weird. The nic worked right after the upgrade from Windows 7 then stopped working a few days later. I have tried uninstalling the driver from Intel and rebooting and letting Windows 10 install it's driver, but it still does not work.

Thanks,

Meph

0 Kudos
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi Meph,

I see. We have released 2 driver versions for Windows* 10 recently. They are versions 20.1 and 20.2. Have you tried both versions?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/47549/Intel-82579-Gigabit-Ethernet-Controller Network Adapter Driver for Windows 10*

In case these versions didn't work, we suggest to contact your motherboard manufacturer for assistance.

Sincerely,

Sandy

0 Kudos