Intel 82597LM

komp
Beginner
The latest driver version for Intel 82579LM does not support Intel 82579LM
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello komp,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Can you provide the link of the driver that you are using?
  2. What do you mean by does not support, what us the issue that you encounter?
  3. Can you provide a screenshot of the issue?
  4. Are you using an onboard 82579LM or a CPIe card?
  5. If you are using a PCIe card, can you share photos of the card on both sides for us to validate?
  6. What is the brand and model of your board/system?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
komp
Beginner
My computer is HP Z210 Workstation. A video on installing the latest version of the driver from Intel's website is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sYWYyJac0xC1aJMkFPVW2xf48hyp94iw/view?usp=drivesdk
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello komp,

Thank you for the quick reply. By the way, let me clarify if you are using an onboard 82579LM?

And also, can you try clean driver installation method. Please follow the steps here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/ethernet-products.html

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
komp
Beginner

82579LM is built into the motherboard. Unfortunately, your method did not help me.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello komp,

Thank you for trying our recommendations. Since you already tried our driver and clean driver installation, and it did not help. It is now best to contact HP for further assistance. They might have customized drivers and software/firmware to enable or alter features to improve operations that are provided by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Please contact the HP for the latest updates and technical support information.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello komp,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just checking if you still have clarifications and hoping that you are now talking with HP for further assistance since they are the best team who can handle this issue.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello komp,

I hope this message finds you well. I am sending another follow up to check if you still have clarifications and hoping that you are now talking to HP because they are the best team who can help you with the issue.. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello komp,

Before we close this case, let me share these link that may also help you:

Official HP® Desktop Drivers and Software Download

Contact Official HP® Support | HP® Support

You may receive an invitation to take a survey in a few days. We value your feedback and look forward to hearing about your support experience.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos