Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Intel ANS for I210?

CPfli
Beginner

I can't find any package to install advanced network services for "Intel(R) I210 Gigabit Network Connection". On the setup it only shows PROSet but not ANS. Is this controller not supported? I tryed it on Server 2016 an 2019.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Cpfli,

Thank you for posting on our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

To answer your question, Intel® ANS is not supported on Windows server 2016. For more information, you can access this site (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005667/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html). The PROSet that is showing during installation refers to the Intel® Proset Adapter Configuration Utility, this tool allows you to check for adapter information, configure settings and perform diagnostics.

Alternatively, since you are using Windows Server 2k16 or r 2k19, you can use the Windows built-in teaming future. For details, you may visit this page, (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022706/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html).

Please let us know if you have any clarifications or further questions. Should we not hear from you, we will check back with you after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Cpfli,

Please allow us some time to check on this.

We will get back to you no later than 2 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Cpfli,

Thank you for waiting for an answer.

We cannot see your previous reply anymore.

To answer your question, you cannot use Powershell to configure teaming on your card on Windows Server 2016.

You need to use server manager.

You can follow these instructions:

1. Open server manager, and select “NIC teaming.”

2. Go to “Tasks” under “Teams”, select “New Team”

3. Set the team name, and select the adapter from the list (you may only select one, since that is what you are planning to configure)

4. Set the additional properties to your preference.

5. After creating, select the team that you created and click on “Tasks” again to “Add Interface”.

6. Set the name of the interface, and select specific VLAN to specify a VLAN ID.

7. Since you wanted to put multiple VLANs on the adapter, you can repeat steps 5 to 6 to create more VLANs for the adapter.

We hope that we have answered your question. To give you time to try our recommendations, in case we do not hear from you after three business days, we will make sure to reach out.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Cpfli,

We are following up to check if you found our previous recommendations helpful, and if you have any further questions with your concern.

Should we not get your response, we will reach out to you after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi Cpfli,

Good day!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future.

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos