Ethernet Products
Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
3699 Discussions

Intel AX200 randomly dropping WiFi connection

RSchi11
Beginner

Good day,

I have had this new desktop computer for 3 weeks. Ever since I assembled it, I have been experiencing random WiFi disconnections with a frequency of about 2 disconnections per day. The computer uses a Gigabyte X570-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI motherboard, which has an Intel AX200 wireless adapter.

I have a laptop, an iPhone and an iPad in my home network, and none of them experience this weird WiFi outage; it only happens to the desktop computer.

Whenever I get disconnected, the only clue I get is an event 6062 "Lso was triggered" in the systems event viewer.

I have attempted the following:

- Re-installing the WiFi adapter driver using the most recent driver available in Gigabyte's website.

- Re-installing the WiFi adapter driver using the most recent driver available in Intel's website.

- Re-installing the chipset driver together with the WiFi and the LAN adapter drivers.

- Updating Windows

- Updating the motherboard's BIOS.

- Disabling the "Allow computer to turn off this device for energy saving" feature.

- Using Microsoft WiFi Analyzer to verify radio congestion. The 5ghz band was pretty much noise free.

- Disabling the 2.4 band in my access point, which was heavily congested.

- Setting the access point to only work with 802.11ac (that is to say, disabling 802.11n).

- I tried to disable the LSO feature in my WiFi adapter. This option seems however not to exist for the Intel AX200.

The problem nevertheless, persists.

I ran the Intel System Support Utility in my computer. I'm attaching its report.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User

The the latest Version: 21.70.0 Dated: 2/18/2020 of WiFi driver, should solve your problem.

Leon