Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4867 Discussions

Intel Converged Ethernet Adapter x710 dual port 10Gb card loses TX buffer setting

KenT2
Beginner

Dell 7515 server with 24 core Xeon and 1 x 16GB DIMM with PCIe Intel Converged Ethernet Adapter x710 dual port 10Gb NIC in an 8x PCIe slot. Version 25.2 driver. 

TX and RX buffer settings can be set to 1024 but when a Windows application starts, the RX and TX buffers return to default of 512.  Value in driver Advanced tab shows buffers = 1024 but there are dropped packets.  Changing the buffer setting to any value and back to 1024 puts the buffers setting back to 1024 . This is evidenced by no more dropped packets.  What is happening here?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello KenT2,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. What is your operating system?
  2. Can you provide a screenshot on the issue of the packet loss?
  3. Kindly take a photo of your ethernet card on both side focusing on the markings for us to validate the card.
  4. Kindly share the link of the driver that you are currently using.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
KenT2
Beginner

I am a beginner indeed!  Through experimentation I was able to demonstrate that the fault was not in the Intel NIC but rather a particular service running on the Windows Server 2019 OS. 

Thank you for the assistance apologies for wasting some of your time.

Ken

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello KenT2,

Thank you for the update and you are always welcome to ask questions here in the community.

Since you already found the cause of the issue, I will be closing this thread. If you need assistance again, just post a new question.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos