Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel Driver & Support Assistant does not update or alert for wired devices

Petz
Beginner

Intel Driver & Support Assistant (IDSA) sees I have multiple Intel products installed. But only seems to bother updating Wifi and Bluetooth adapters. Why are wired Ethernet products not covered?

--------------------------------

Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X550-T2 #2

Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X550-T2

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz

Intel® I211 Gigabit Network Connection

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®

--------------------------------

I ask as even if it can't automatically update them, I'm happy to do it manually if I'm aware an update is available. Though even that's a difficult task on windows 11 it seems https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Intel-x550-T2-installers-for-windows-11-not-compatible/m-p/1359501#M28399

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Petz,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We would like to confirm a few things so we can further check on your concern, please provide us the following information;

1. For your 2 Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X550-T2 please provide us a picture of the physical markings both front and back of your Network Adapter so we can validate if its a genuine Intel or a 3rd party OEM. Kindly refer to the link below for reference. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/ethernet-products/500-series-network-adapters-up-to-10gbe.html

2. What is the Operating System that you are using for this?

3. What is the mother board that you are using?

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Petz,

Thank you very much for informing us and providing us the information that we have asked. Since your concern on this thread is more on the alerts for our Intel Driver & Support Assistant (IDSA) for your ethernet devices, we have a specific group who handle for this type of case and will be moving the thread instead so you can be assisted properly. Please do await the response of the succeeding team instead. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Petz
Beginner

Hi Zig,

answers to your questions below.

"1. For your 2 Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X550-T2 please provide us a picture of the physical markings both front and back of your Network Adapter so we can validate if its a genuine Intel or a 3rd party OEM. Kindly refer to the link"

The card should be genuine Intel PCB. I'll need to yank it out of the system to check the stickers tomorrow, but I almost 100% certain it's not a x550 chip on a OEM vendor PCB I shopped around specifically for an Intel version card.

"2. What is the Operating System that you are using for this?"

Sorry I thought I posted this. The system WAS Windows 10 and has now upgraded to Windows 11. Currently running Windows 11 pro x64 version 21H2 (build 22000.493). Though the same behaviour was present when I was on windows 10 (same system), so this doesn't seem to be windows 11 specific.

"3. What is the mother board that you are using?"

Per my other thread https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Intel-x550-T2-installers-for-windows-11-not-compatible/m-p/1359915/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufEtaTTM5NDZGQTFMNFgzfDEzNTk5MTV8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M28407

The motherboard is Gigabyte x570 Master v1. Bios v34 (AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.3 B). Product page here https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10#kf

ie. The i211 gigabyte adapter, Bluetooth, and Wifi are all Motherboard chips but the x550 is Intel PCIe card. See screen shot attached from IDSA showing ticks against the Wifi and Bluetooth, which are the only devices IDSA seems to be checking and updating. Again would love it to check and either alert (if it require a manual install) or install updates for the i211 and x550 as well.

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Petz,

We do apologize if we have moved your thread on a different group since we have limited support on IDSA however since you are using an Ethernet X550-T2 Adapter we will handle the case instead. 

As per checking, there is a possibility that the IDSA could not detect any X550 driver for Windows 11 because since it is not released yet. Unfortunately, we do not have ETA as of the moment and we would recommend you to check our download center from time to time and download it manually once it has been released. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

As for your previous Windows 10 issue, this would be difficult for us to further check as we may require logs from the OS itself. Also since you mentioned that your OS was already uninstalled and replaced with Windows 11 OS.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Petz,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to know if you have any other questions or clarifications please let us know so we would know if we can close the thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Petz,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos