Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V disconnecting

Itsmeniik
Beginner
Hi, my lan cable connection is disconnecting/reconnecting every few minutes. It's not internet problem since WiFi works fine. I had my ISP send me a new router and problem still ongoing, I've updated the drivers to latest, re-installed, still the same. Also changed cable, same issue. It's very frustrating and i don't know what to do.

It started by cutting out once, now it cuts out every few minutes, connecting the same cable to my laptop it works perfectly fine. Its only when I am on my PC. I have turned TCP off, unchecked power saver as well, nothing is working.

What could be wrong? Please help.

My motherboard is ASUSTek ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING

I have Windows 10.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Itsmeniik,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check and investigate the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using an onboard/embedded I219-V?
  2. Can you share a screenshot of the issue?
  3. If you are using a PCIe I219-V, please provide the some photos on both sides of the card for me to validate the card.
  4. Can you share the link where you downloaded your latest driver?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Itsmeniik,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just making a follow up on the information that we requested for us to assist you.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Itsmeniik
Beginner

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply, never got a notification you had sent me some questions. Anyways, here you go.

For us to further check and investigate the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using an onboard/embedded I219-V? - I don't know the difference. All I know is there is an ethernet port on the MB lol I have attached a detailed photo of my motherboard maybe that can help you.
  2. Can you share a screenshot of the issue? - I have attached a photo of my "change adapter" window to show what it says whenever I drop the connection. As you can see the WiFi is working fine and I am getting full signal.
  3. If you are using a PCIe I219-V, please provide the some photos on both sides of the card for me to validate the card. - Again no idea what I am using. Maybe the attached MB picture can help decipher it.
  4. Can you share the link where you downloaded your latest driver? - I simply clicked "update driver" in device manager. Didn't download any drivers from anywhere

Its taken me 5 attempts to post this reply that is how frequent the drop in connections are. No one is touching the ethernet cable in way its run from the router through a wall into my room. There's no evidence of any rodent bites or cuts on the wire either.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Itsmeniik,

Thank you for providing the details that we requested. I checked the complete specification of your board and Intel® I219V is indeed onboard or embedded on your board. Here is the link:

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z390-f-gaming-model/spec

I also checked the screenshot that you provided and it seems that you have a problem with your Bluetooth, wired and wireless connection. Have you tried contacting Asus about this issue. They may provide a quick fix since the network controller is onboard. You may contact them in the link that I provided, just click on support.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Itsmeniik
Beginner

I don't have any issues with my Bluetooth or WiFi. I have them disabled cause I have a wired connection.

The issue is the ethernet connection. The "middle" adapter in my screenshot.

I will send ASUS a message and see what they have to say. But to clarify my only issue is the ethernet connection not Bluetooth nor WiFi

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Itsmeniik,

Thank you for the clarification and also for understanding that since the network card is onboard, it is best to verify the issue with the manufacturer of the board.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Itsmeniik,

I hope you enjoyed your weekend. I am just checking if you are now talking to the manufacturer of the board for further support.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Itsmeniik,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up hoping that you are now talking to Asus about the issue. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Itsmeniik,

By the way, before we close the thread. Let me provide this link as additional information. This may also help resolving your issue. However, it is still recommended to contact Asus as they are still best source of support.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059067/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

I need to close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.