Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Intel Ethernet Controller (3) i225-V

Atrus314
Beginner

New first time build using a MSI Gaming Force mobo. Plugged in my Ethernet cable and no connection. Updated to latest driver 1.1.3.28 and still nothing. Turned off power management and changed speed and duplex to 10 MBPS and it works at a severely reduced speed. I've tried several cables and it is the same issue. I get a 1.0 GBPS connection with my old system. Help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Atrus314,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We would like to confirm if the one that you are referring for Intel Ethernet Controller i225-V is the one that is embedded on your MSI Gaming mother board. If you are please advise us the exact model of your board. 

Can we also confirm what is the current issue that you are now getting since you have mentioned that you are now getting an a connection but at a reduced speed, would that be correct? And can we also get the operating system that you are using.

Also we'd like to set your expectation that for Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) Ethernet controller, we have limited support and it would be best if you can also get in touch with the manufacturer for further support since they have customized drivers, firmware and software to enable or alter features on your card. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. But don't worry as we will still provide our best effort support to help you resolve the issue. 

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Atrus314
Beginner

Zigfreid,

MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Force running on Win 10 21H2. I can only get a connection established when I set the Speed and Duplex settings to 10 MBPS. If I try it at 2.5 G, 1 G or 100 MBPS it never establishes a connection.

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Atrus314,

Thank you very much for advising us. We would like you to try first our recommended actions on one of our support articles regarding for ethernet adapters that are "Unable to Reach Gigabit Speed".  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058667/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

If the issue is still persistent, please advise us so we can try to help you further however since this is an OEM controller please take note that we can only offer you our best effort support. 

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Atrus314
Beginner

Tried it all and got no change. Just went and bought a ethernet card and that solved the problem. I've read too many complaints about the i225-V across multiple motherboards with no clear fix found in the last day. Intel needs to fix this problem or shelf the controller as it has long term problems. Thanks for trying Ziegfried.

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Atrus314,

Thank you for advising and we do apologize if our recommendations was not able to fix the issue that you are getting. We will also take note of your comment regarding the i225-V across multiple motherboards issue. 

Since you have mentioned that you bought an ethernet card instead and your issue is now solved, can we ask if you have other concerns or can we close the thread already Please advise us. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Atrus314
Beginner

You can close it. I'm sure there will be others with the same problem but my part is done.

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Atrus314,

Thank you very much for advising and again we do apologize for any inconvenience, we will now close the case. Please feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos