Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel Gigabit CT Desktop + drivers (Win10)?

ASell
Novice

Howdy,

I've been wondering since I installed Windows 10 how to install the drivers (right now, 22.4.0.1; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/50395/Intel-Gigabit-CT-Desktop-Adapter here) for Intel Gigabit CT Desktop adapter? I've tried several other versions, but all just say: "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer." I think this would install just fine with Windows 7, but not in Windows 10. Anyway, screenshot attached below.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Hlidskjalf,

Thank you for posting at Wired Commmunities. Unfortuntely there is no Intel's Windows 10 driver for the Gigabit CT desktop adapter, the available Windows driver is the inbox (built-in driver) from Microsoft*. You may refer to the website below for the driver support reference information of Intel network adapter in Windows 10. The inbox driver refers to Microsoft built-in driver while Full Support means there is Intel driver. As you can see "No" full driver for CT desktop adapter.

https://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-035770.htm

Version 22.4.0 refers to the software version, not the driver version, this version will not be reflected in the driver version and also this package does not have Windows 10 driver for CT desktop adapter. Hope the above information clarified.

Thanks,

sharon

ASell
Novice

Thank you so much for the explanation. Now it's clear as a blue sky! I just hope that it will get driver updates if issues arrise, sometime, somehow. I have another question, though. What other internal NICs from Intel can be bought that has "full support drivers" (not only "in box support" if I would want/need one? I feel that it's a messy field, hardware-wise. I don't know much about it, unlike hardware like motherboards, CPUs, GPUs, etc. I bought this gigabit CT Desktop NIC because it said in a product specification that it would be supported until Q1'19 so I thought "hey, sounds good" and got it. But if I would want one that is supported with full set of drivers and software, which one should I get instead - if you know?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Hlidskjalf,

Thank you for the reply and I am glad to be of help. You can refer to the website https://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-035770.htm which was given. Referring to the list below are the network adapters that has "yes" under the "Full support" filed which means these are the models that has the Windows 10 driver:
  • Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter I210-T1
  • Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T2
  • Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T4
  • Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter I350-F2
  • Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter I350-F4
Hope the above informtion help.

Rgds,

sharon

0 Kudos
ASell
Novice

But these are all server adapters... but, alright! Very helpful though, thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Hlidskjalf,

You are welcome. Glad to be of help. Any other inquiries? Please feel free to update me. Thank you.

Rgds,

sharon

0 Kudos
ASell
Novice

I have got all the answers to my questions I need for the moment, in this thread. But I will come back if I have further questions. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Tkirv
Beginner

I went through every windows 10 .inf in the ProSet and can confirm this card isn't there & that's why the .exe throws the error. The Microsoft provided driver falls short in that many features are unavailable, such as Wake on Lan and others. Inexcusable. Intel spend 5 minutes and push out a WIn 10 driver for this card!!! But I think I'm returning this card and going with a Startech card which has proper windows 10 drivers.

0 Kudos
ASell
Novice

Yes, that's how I feel too - well put. The control panel or UI for the drivers is messy compared to what it would be with the PROSet setup. The later one is what I'm used to and find it convenient. Would it be possible to get PROSet going in Windows 10? Maybe there is a possibility to mod the "drivers" (or PROSet, that is). I don't think it would take too much effort on Intel's part to restore this functionality, but I could be wrong. Overall, the "support" for Windows 10 feels rushed.

EDIT: If you get the Startech card you mentioned maybe you can send me a (private) message on this forum what you think about it? I'd be interested to hear a little review - if you don't mind.

0 Kudos
Tkirv
Beginner

I found a different card from, Rosewill, which is well regarded, has Windows 10 drivers, and costs 1/2 what the Intel CT does. I will return the Intel CT once the Rosewill's installed: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F34ONC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Amazon.com: Rosewill 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit PCI Express, PCIE Network Adapter / Network Card / Ethernet Card , Win10 su…

Windows 10 has been out for 2 years and Intel are lagging on the drivers.

0 Kudos
ASell
Novice

I'd still be interested to hear about it, Rosewill or Startech or whatever card you decide for.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Hlidskjalf,

Thank you for the reply. Please feel free to contact us if you still have other inquiries.

Thanks,

sharon

0 Kudos
Tkirv
Beginner

Hlidskjalf I installed the Rosewill card and downloaded their Windows 10 drivers from their website page for the adapter. It works perfectly, including all WOL options. I tested WOL it works great.

0 Kudos
ASell
Novice

Awesome, have you tested DPC latency with LatencyMon? Any spikes? How is the UI for the drivers/settings? Could you please upload a screenshot?

0 Kudos