Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Intel I211 Gigabit Ethernet looses connection after sleep/hibernation, tried most of the solutions

matvey
Beginner

Hi,

I have a brand new motherboard Asus Prime X470-Pro with integrated Intel I211 Gigabit Ethernet card. The problem is - once the computer wakes up after sleep or hibernation (tried both) in Windows 10 os the ethernet card needs 10-20 seconds to wake up (the NIC adapter status is shown as "unplugged" for 10-20 seconds - the icon is shown: djrem3000_7-1614936989407.png).

System status:

1) OS is Windows 10 with latest updates, tried to reintall it - issue is still there

2) The network card drivers are the latest from intel website, tried to downgrade them or totally to reinstall - no success 

djrem3000_0-1614936105021.png

3) Motherboard BIOS version is the latest (the issue was present on the previous versions either):

4) "Power options" in Windows are set to "High performance" and all power saving settings are disabled there:

djrem3000_2-1614936303496.png

5) "Allow the computer to turn off this device" is disabled in "Power management"  on the network card:

djrem3000_3-1614936402908.png

6) "Energy efficient ethernet" is disabled in "Advanced" options on the network card:

djrem3000_4-1614936495409.png

7) Sleep settings in "Local group policies" are set to allow connectivity:

djrem3000_5-1614936697680.png

8 ) "Wake up on lan" both in the Network card settings and in the BIOS are enabled:

djrem3000_6-1614936789369.png

9) Tried both static and dynamic (DHCP) IP assignments on the network card itself - did not help

I don't have any more options, all other computers connected to the same router does not have such problem. I have read most of the tutorials on this topic - nothing helps. Kindly please advise.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello matvey,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Thank you for the very detailed and very complete posting of your issue.

For us to further investigate the issue. Can you generate the SSU and send it to me via direct message.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?wapkw=ssu

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello matvey,

I hope you had a great weekend. I just want to make a follow up on the SSU that we requested for us to further analyze the issue.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello matvey,

I am sending another follow up on the information that I requested. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos