Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

Intel I211 Gigabit Network no longer working

Sange
Beginner

Hey. Having a weird issue with my ethernet adapter. Everything had been working good and there were no notable changes in my setup (hardware or software) that sparked this. I was off my computer for dinner, came back, and the internet was no longer working. I'll attach as many details as I can, including the output of the SSU.

I'm on Windows 10 64 bit Pro. I'm using Verizon FIOS and the internet itself is working fine. WiFi is fine and I've tried several combinations of ports and ethernet cables for my PC. Beyond that, I can have other devices work and generate IP addresses from my router via a wired connection. So, I'm assuming it's local to my machine in some way. The error message I ultimately get is this, from the Windows diagnostic tool:

"Ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration fix windows 10"

Things I've tried:

- Rebooting everything

- Updating all drivers

- Reinstalling all drivers and devices from Device Manager

- ipconfigr release/renew/dns flush via the command line

- Reset netsh via the command line (e.g. netsh winsock reset)

- Leaving the router and PC unplugged for more than five minutes each

- Windows updates

- Scanned my PC for viruses and looked at recently changes files

- I would have rolled back via Windows Restore but I do not have a valid rollback

Physically the light on the back of my PC is a solid orange. I'll provide a link to the manual but I have an ASRock X570 Steel Legend motherboard and the ethernet (Intel I211 Gigabit) is on that board. Below is a link to that motherboard manual and attached is the output of the SSU tool.

https://download.asrock.com/Manual/X570%20Steel%20Legend.pdf

Any advice would be helpful. Left to my own devices I'm going to purchase a network card tomorrow and go from there.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sange,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are sorry to hear that you are having an issue on your Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection. Just to set your expectation, for Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) on-board Ethernet controller, we might have a limited support and it would be best if you can also get in touch with Asrock for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.

Since you already performed troubleshooting to possibly fix the issue and we can see that you are using the latest driver from your OEM, we just want to check if you are willing to try the latest generic driver from our Intel download center link below? Please be advised that the software drivers linked from this page are generic versions, and can be used for general purposes. However, Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) might have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. We would suggest raising the issue to Asrock as well to check if they have newer driver that you can test aside from the one on their download site. 

Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18293/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-windows-10.html

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Sange
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. I installed it, restarted, and tried Windows troubleshooting. Same outcome and no difference on my end.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sange,

Thank you for the swift reply. 

1. Can you provide a screenshot of the error/issue you encountered?

2. Have you tried disabling then re-enabling the Intel® Ethernet Controller I211-AT?

3. Can you try performing clean driver installation as per link below and check if it will help resolving the issue? 

Clean Driver Installation Guide for Intel® Ethernet Connections 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/ethernet-products.html

We hope to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Let us know if there are any preferred date/time to reach you so that we can revert accordingly.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Sange,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just a soft follow up on the information that we requested for us to further assist you. We will wait for your reply. 

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sange,

Good day!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Please feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

We would also like to remind you regarding our support for Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) on-board Ethernet controller. We have a limited support and it would be best if you can get in touch with ASRock for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.

Here is the direct link for ASRock support site

https://www.asrock.com/support/

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
KZB
Beginner

+1 +1 +1 +1

diff. mainboard but my friends and me having the same issues #intel quality

/E: Seemingly you have a AMD CPU that's the same we have.. prolly intel has something build in to mess with AMD? no clue!

0 Kudos