Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel I219-LM VLAN Changes Crashes Windows 10-Updated to 23.5.1 No Success Along With BIOS Upgrade

DPuse
Beginner

I have a Windows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.112 installed and I have tried installing the 23.5.1, 23.5 Intel Network Adapter Drivers for Windos 10 in order to tag VLANS on my local ethernet adapter and on all occasions my computer blue screened with the exception of when I used 23.4 I was able to tag the VLAN but shortly after my computer blue screened.

I have updated the BIOS on my computer to the most recent, I am using an HP Elite Notebook 840 G3.

When will Intel fix this issue or is there is a registry hack that can be used for this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Dpuse, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Prior to updating to Windows 10 1803 and 23.4; did you experience BSOD upon VLAN changes? Please download the System Support Utility from the link below, and attach a log file for us to see the drivers and configurations. 1- Download from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 2- Open SSU.exe 3- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan". 4- When finished scanning, click "Next". 5- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Dpuse, Thank you for sending the SSU logs in a private message. From the SSU logs it appears that the PROSet driver is not installed, and the I219-LM is using the in-box driver from Microsoft. Please confirm if you have uninstalled the PROSet driver from Intel on the system, or the driver should be installed and is not applied to the system. Have you tried the driver from HP? Since you are using build 1803, the HP driver should still support your system. HP may have made changes to the controller that are not compatible with the generic driver from Intel. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Dpuse, Just want to check if you tried contacting HP and updated the driver? Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Dpuse, Checking if you tried the updated driver from HP and what is the result? Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos