Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel I219-V - ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

jferfolia
Beginner

Have a few laptops with this ethernet controller integrated.

All running the latest driver.

Certain websites are unreachable on these machines.

Here is where it gets fun. If I reinstall the driver those websites are accessible for anywhere from seconds to minutes and then back to unavailable.

I've manipulated the advanced options in the driver and nothing seems to work.

I can disable the wired connection and access the site via wireless no issue.

The web site I'm using to test is laptopparts.ca.

Given everything works for a very brief period after driver re-install I'm leaning towards this being a driver issue, but I'm otherwise out of ideas.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello jferfolia,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We'd like to set your expectation that for Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) Ethernet controller, we have limited support and it would be best if you can also get in touch with the manufacturer for further support since they have customized drivers, firmware and software to enable or alter features on your card. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. But don't worry as we will still provide our best effort support to help you resolve the issue. 

We would like to ask the following questions;

1. Can you also provide us the links of the sites that you are referring and advise us if there are also certain times or events in where you notice that you cant gain access from these sites?

2. Are you having any connection issues as well?

3. What are the brands and models of the laptops that you are using for these?

4. Can you provide us the link of the drivers that you are referring that you have used for this?

5. What is the OS that you are using?

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

0 Kudos
jferfolia
Beginner

I'll take whatever help I can get. The OEM is HP in this case and their best answer is drivers. Their drivers appear to be the Intel drivers in an HP installer wrapper, none of which have made a difference. 

1. laptopparts.ca is a consistent failure on the I129-V equipped machines. The other is https://www.meridiancu.ca/, but only after clicking sign-in, so this requires credentials I can not share for obvious reasons. Both work for a short period after reinstalling the driver, or rebooting.

2. Otherwise no connection issues at all.

3. HP EliteBook 850 G6 is the specific model.

4. Downloading wired driver from here:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18293/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-windows-10.html

5. Win10 21H2, and Win 11 21H2. Problem affects both OSes identically.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello jferfolia,

Thank you very much for providing us all the information that we have asked. As per checking, on our end we are able to access both sites; laptopparts.ca as well as https://www.meridiancu.ca/.

Since you are using our generic driver, we would also like to ask if you encountered the same issue when you are not using the drivers from HP or Intel? Have you tried using the Microsoft inbox driver (the driver that comes with the OS) if it does the same?

Also have you tried using other browser or on any system in the same network that has different network card/controller and if your also getting the same error? 

Are you also able to access both sites when using a wifi connection or the issue is the same? Please advise us.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
jferfolia
Beginner

The problem originally occurred with the MS driver which is what prompted me to try the others.

HP's driver (at this time) is just Intel's 12.19.1.37 generic driver wrapped in their installer.

Behavior is the same in all cases, I can access laptopparts.ca for a minute or so after installing an alternative driver and then it stops working.

Issue is browser agnostic. Other systems, with different model adaptors, on the same network have no issues. WiFi on the very same machine there are no issues accessing the sites.

Head scratcher for sure.

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello jferfolia,

Thank you very much for advising us. We would also like to ask if you have already tried reaching out HP support for the issue? If so, please advise us their recommendations. 

Also can we request for you to submit an SSU log so we can try to further check on your system and see if we can find any unusual activity.

Please follow the steps below to generate your SSU:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

*Windows 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91600

2. Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Note: Please put a tick on "Everything" when scanning the log.

4. You can attach the log on the thread.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
jferfolia
Beginner

Attaching SSU log.

The sum of HP's advice to this point has been to update driver, but I will reach out to them again as well.

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello jferfolia,

Thank you very much for advising and for providing us your logs. Please provide us some time to have your concern further check, also just to inform you we cannot guarantee for a fix however we will try to provide our best effort on this. Would it be okay if we can provide you an update between 2-3 business days? If you have a preferred date please advise us instead. Thank you and have a nice day! 

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
jferfolia
Beginner

Not a problem. I'm not in a rush, but it would nice to get a resolution all the same.

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello jferfolia,

As per advised by our engineers, it is very unusual that only specific sites are affected using a wired connection but work well using Wifi. What we can only recommend you to do is to clear cache of Windows. 

*Right click start >> Run then type CMD.

*In CMD prompt, type IP config/flushdns

If issue still persist we do apologize we are no longer able to further assist you. Since the OEM controls the driver, firmware and product quality, we would advise for you to further check with your laptop manufacturer (HP) since they should still be the best source of support.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello jferfolia,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to know if you have any other questions or clarifications please let us know so we would know if we can close the thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello jferfolia,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos