Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel I219-V VLAN blue screen

Betko
Novice

Hi.

I am having problems with I219-V VLAN tag. Whan adding a tag I get blue screen every single time., reason Bad_pool_caller.

First step I am adding new VLAN in VLAN tab from Intel Ethernet conection I219-V:

And when adding new VLAN tag, let's say 13 it crashes:

I don't even get a chance to press second OK in Intel window, it crashes right here. It says Configuring for two seconds, maybe tree and the blue screen. I can make it anytime I want.

I tried with versions 12.17.8.7 and 12.15.25.6:

I have Lenovo T470s. Any help would be gratefull.

Regards

0 Kudos
28 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Betko,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. Just to double check if you are using Windows 10? If yes, please ensure you are using the Windows 10 version listed and refer to the special information regarding teams and VLAN in Windows 10 in the link below: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=82186

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
Betko
Novice
  • Yes, I am using Windows 10 Pro Release 1709 Build number 16299.248. I have no idea which Creators release is this as stated in release notes.

• How do I know which version do I have already installed, because I only see numbers in 12.x range, not any 22.x range?

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Betko,

Thank you for the information. You are using Windows 10 Fall Creator version. Please click on the Link Speed Tab, you will see the PROSet version which is 22.x. The 12.x is the driver version while version 22.x is the PROset version (software version). Please provide information below:

-What are the recent changes you made on this laptop?

-Have you tried upgrading the BIOS of the laptop? Please try if this will make any difference.

-We have newer PROSet version 23.1, please check if you have tried this version

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=82186

-As this is an onboard NIC, have you tried contacting Lenovo to obtain the customized driver which we recommend as this is more suitable for the onboard NIC on their system.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Sharon T

0 Kudos
Betko
Novice

Hi.

Looks like that you fixed issues in the new software, it works. I tried to set VLAN tag a few times now and it works, no more blue screens for me.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Betko
Novice

Just to let you know, blue screen still persist in some cases.

In this case I unplugged UTP cable out of computer, before I disabled VLAN tagging and this blue screen showed up:

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Betko,

Thank you for the update. Can you confirm if the BSOD will appear if you did not unplug the UTP cable? What is the reason you want to unplug the cable?

Have you tried visit the Windows STOP code website? Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
Betko
Novice

Hi Sharon.

I can confirm. If I leave UTP cable plugged in, blue screen won't happen.

When I am finished with configuring device, or I don't want to be connected to trunk port I just pull the cable out and blue screen happens.

I didn't try that yet. I will test this behavior for a few times more and then will let you know if I find out any other symptoms.

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Bekto,

Thank you for the clarification. Please feel free to update me.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Bekto,

Please feel free to update me if further assistance needed. Thanks.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
RJaaf
Novice

Hi Sharon,

I am having this problem too. I am using Lenovo ThinkPad T470 with the same Ethernet chipset.

FYI, I have installed the latest driver (PROset 23.1) as suggested by you but still the problem persists as faced by Betko.

Please advise.

Thank you.

idata
Employee

Hi Ramlanj,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. Just to double check what is the operating system installed on the Lenovo Thinkpad T470?

Have you tried perform the following :

-What are the recent changes you made on this laptop?

-Have you tried upgrading the BIOS of the laptop?

-Have you tried contacting Lenovo for customized driver since this is an onboard NIC, the OEM notebook vendor might made changes to adapt to their system, you can try contact them for the driver.

Thanks,

Sharon T

0 Kudos
RJaaf
Novice

Hi Sharon,

I am running Windows 10 Pro with the following details:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1709

OS Build: 16299.309

Intel Ethernet Connection (4) l219-V

Driver Version: 12.17.8.9

Intel PROSet Version 23.1.100.0

This is the first time I am trying to set up the VLAN and the BIOS has been updated to the latest available. I read somewhere in Lenovo's support forum and they did mentioned that they didn't make any changes to the NIC.

Regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ramlanj,

Thank you for the information. Please try using the driver provided by Lenovo as the customized driver is more suitable for the OEM onboard NIC. Just to double check if the Windows 10 is the pre-installed OS on your laptop.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
RJaaf
Novice

Hi Sharon,

The laptop is comes with preinstalled Windows 10 Pro and the NIC didn't have the VLANs tab when I initially bought it. I installed the latest PROSet drivers to get the VLANs tab.

FYI, in the other forum, Lenovo representative there mentioned that we should ask and use the latest version from Intel as they did not make any changes to the onboard NIC.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ramlanj,

Thank you for the reply. The driver we have posted is generic version thus we do not guarantee this will work for OEM onboard NIC embedded on third party system, for some this might or might not work. You may try the lower version of PROSet e.g. 22.9 to see if this will work.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27534/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

Please feel free to update me.

Thanks,

Sharon T

0 Kudos
RJaaf
Novice

i Sharon,

After using the lower version of PROSet 22.10, I managed to create the VLAN once only. My laptop experienced the BSOD (again..) but after restarting, the new VLAN was there. I tried to setup another VLAN multiple times after that but was not successful (the BSOD still happened though).

Regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ramlanj,

Thank you for the update and I am sorry the driver did not work for you. What is the exact Windows 10 version and build installed ?

Please try un-installing the driver and re-install a fresh copy of PROSet 23.1 from the download center. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=82186

Please feel free to update me.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
RJaaf
Novice

Hi Sharon,

I am running Windows 10 Pro with the following details:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1709

OS Build: 16299.309

NIC: Intel Ethernet Connection (4) l219-V

I will try again with the latest and fresh PROSet 23.1. Will let you know the outcome.

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ramlanj,

Thank you for the reply. Feel free to update me.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
RJaaf
Novice

Hi Sharon....

Something very bad happened. After using the latest PROSet from the link you gave, my laptop experienced the BSOD. Now my laptop cannot boot up anymore...

Now trying to solve that problem...

0 Kudos