Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4855 Discussions

Intel I219-V - W10 Pro - Not possible to add VLAN?

TOMM3KE
Beginner

Hi,

We have Toshiba's with the Intel i219-V network adapter. Under W7 Pro 64 bit we were able to create VLANs flawlessly (not sure which driver version we had). We selected the LAN adapter, clicked Properties and hit Configure. We would then have several menu items and one of them was VLAN (see attachment).

We recently upgraded to W10 Pro 64 bit and downloaded the latest Intel i219-V driver, but now we don't have the possibility to create VLANs anymore. We uninstalled the 23.5.2 driver and installed the 22.10 driver. This gives us the menu we had under W7 and we can create VLANs, however it's impossible to enable them. They remained disabled.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Tom

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Caguicla_Intel
Hello TOMM3KE, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. The Teaming and VLAN features in PROSet for Windows device manager have been removed, as Windows 10 1809 and later no longer supports this function. Please use PowerShell to create VLAN. To create a VLAN in PowerShell use the following: 1. Open Windows Powershell as administrator. 2. Import the PROSet Powershell* module using this command: Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets" 3. Type "Get-IntelNetAdapter" to display the name of your network adapter. 4. Type "Add-IntelNetVLAN" to initiate the creation of VLAN. When prompted for "ParentName", you can use the name of your network adapter from the "Get-IntelNetAdapter" output. The PowerShell commands for Intel PROSet are described in the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023545/network-and-i-o.html You may visit this link for the Intel® Ethernet SW 23.5 Release Information https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031823/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Caguicla_Intel
Hello TOMM3KE, Please let us know if the recommendations above was helpful to you. If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
TOMM3KE
Beginner

Hi Criselle,

Thank you for the reply! It's been a bit busy, but I tried and it seems to work.

In the following weeks, I will try to do some further tests and leave a reply with any further comments if I have any.

Kind regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello TOMM3KE, Thank you for the update. By the way, for us to avoid posting follow up, when can you tell us when can you provide an update for this issue? If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TOMM3KE
Beginner

Hi Mikel

I tested it and it works!

I'm writing a Powershell script to automate the process and allow normal users to add/edit/delete vlans. I will post the code as soon as it's finished.

Kind regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Tom, We are glad to hear that. Please let us know if you have additional questions for this matter and we will be happy to assist you. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello TOMM3KE, We just want to check if you need further assistance or if you have clarifications. Please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Tom, Please let us know if you have additional questions for this matter. If you do, please do not hesitate to ask. Looking forward to hear from you. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos