Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Intel I219-V cannot obtain gigabit speeds

JensAsbjorn
Beginner

Hi Intel,

I have a Gigabit line, and I can't get more than 320-330 mbps on cable, and 110-120 on WiFi.

I have a ASUS Z490 Tuf Gaming WiFI (plus).

All drivers are updated and I test through a 5E cable.

I am about 5 meters away from my modem, nothing in the way.

Modem is brand new from ISP, and they have measured Gig speeds from installation.

My iPhone measures 480 mbps on WiFi.

Borrowed my neighbours new Acer PC, its clocks 980 mbps on cable.

All measurements are made on Speedtest.net app.

Any suggestions for network adapter setting, BIOS i.e.?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello JensAsbjorn,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

First we want to advise, since you are using an embedded ethernet controller on your ASUS Z490 Tuf Gaming WiFI mother board, we have limited support on this since this is an OEM bard using our chipset. However rest assure that we will provide first our best effort on this before we refer you to them in case that we are unable to solve your concern. 

Please refer on our article "Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V Unable to Reach Gigabit Speed". Please follow the recommended resolution steps found on our article and advise us if the issue will still be persistent.  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058667/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
JensAsbjorn
Beginner
Hi again,

I have tried all of the points in the resolution, unfortunately my problem still persist.

Could you please advise further?

Thanks In advance.
0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello JensAsbjorn,

Thank you for advising us and we do apologize if our recommended steps haven't resolved your concern. We would like to ask for some additional information so we can further check on your concern. Please provide us the following;

1. We would just like to check if the established connection speed on your settings is set up to 1Gbps. To confirm this, go to Network and Internet Settings. View your Network Properties and scroll down to Link speed (Receive/Transmit). Can we ask you to provide us a screenshot as well just to make sure?

2. We would also like to ask if the auto negotiation is already selected for the speed and duplex settings. If yes, are you getting the same issue? And have you tried setting the full duplex to 1gbps?

3. Can we also request for you to provide us your SSU (System Support Utility) logs so we can check for any errors or unusual activities as well as to check some of your settings on the affected system. 

Please follow the steps on how to extract the SSU;

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91600

2. Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Note: Please put a check on "Everything" when scanning so we can see the complete SSU log. 

You can post the log here on this thread. 

4. Also we would like to ask if you have already contacted and ask assistance from your OEM manufacturer which is Asus? If yes, can we ask what they have advised you? 

Since the issue is existing on both wifi and wired connection, there is a possibility that the issue could be related to your hardware and may need a BIOS and driver update from your manufacturer

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
JensAsbjorn
Beginner

1. We would just like to check if the established connection speed on your settings is set up to 1Gbps. To confirm this, go to Network and Internet Settings. View your Network Properties and scroll down to Link speed (Receive/Transmit). Can we ask you to provide us a screenshot as well just to make sure?

JensAsbjorn_0-1643892247714.png

2. We would also like to ask if the auto negotiation is already selected for the speed and duplex settings. If yes, are you getting the same issue? And have you tried setting the full duplex to 1gbps?

Yes, i have tried both auto negotiate and 1gbps.

3. Can we also request for you to provide us your SSU (System Support Utility) logs so we can check for any errors or unusual activities as well as to check some of your settings on the affected system. 

Attached

4. Also we would like to ask if you have already contacted and ask assistance from your OEM manufacturer which is Asus? If yes, can we ask what they have advised you? 
ASUS only provide e-mail support, i am probably going to start a ticket there at some time.

Since the issue is existing on both wifi and wired connection, there is a possibility that the issue could be related to your hardware and may need a BIOS and driver update from your manufacturer
Haven´t updated BIOS or chipset yet, drivers are the newest from ASUS (OEM)

Thanks for your effort..

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello JensAsbjorn,

Thank you very much for providing us all the information that we have asked. Please provide us between 2-3 business days to further check on your case before we provide you our recommendations. Once we have all the information that we need, we will notify you immediately instead. If you have a preferred date please advise us so we can make adjustments. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
bSharp
Beginner

Subscribing, same issue here. I used to get 1GB on Win 10. Lenovo laptop though.

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello JensAsbjorn,

As per checking on the SSU log that you have provided, these 3 features are still not yet disabled;

- FlowControl:Flow Control:"Rx & Tx Enabled (3)"

- InterruptModeration:Interrupt Moderation:"Enabled (1)"

- EEELinkAdvertisement:Energy Efficient Ethernet:"On (1)"

Please try disabling this first on the advanced property tab of your network controller found on your device manager. Once done please check if the bandwidth will improve and advise us of the results.

As for the others who are also experiencing the same issue; please try first our applicable recommended actions above. If you need further assistance please create a new thread instead. Thank you!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
JensAsbjorn
Beginner

Hi Zigfreid,

I have done the suggested changes, unfortunately it didn't improve my speeds.

New ssu file attached.

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello JensAsbjorn,

Thank you very much for providing us an updated SSU and for advising us. We will try to further check what recommendations we can still provide you. Please provide us within 2-3 business days to provide you an update. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello JensAsbjorn,

We regret to inform you as much as we want to further assist you, it is best to contact your motherboard manufacturer instead. Our support is limited since you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) on-board Ethernet controller. We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded on an Asus system. For OEM on-board Ethernet controller, it would be best to get in touch with Asus for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in the best position where you can seek assistance so you wouldn't lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. 

We also noticed that your motherboard contains the lower revision (1208, 07/21/2020). You may check this with Asus if the BIOS on the below link is the correct updated BIOS version for your board. This may also resolve your speed connection on your LAN and Wifi. Aside from BIOS, we recommend that you use the latest drivers provided by your manufacturer. All updated driver versions are also included on the link that we provided.

TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)|Motherboards|ASUS Global

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-Z490-PLUS-WI-FI/HelpDesk_BIOS/

If you have other concerns or clarifications, please let us know so we can further help. If none, please advise us if we can already close the case. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
bSharp
Beginner

Apologies, I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I resolved my issue by taking the device and plugging it into a completely different port on a different router and then back into the original port/router. 

Internet -> ATT Modem -> Device (100 Mb)

Internet -> ATT Modem -> Linksys Router (Bridge Mode) -> Device (1Gb)

Internet -> ATT Modem -> Device (1Gb)

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello bSharp

Thank you for sharing this with us! Have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello JensAsbjorn,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to know if you have any other questions or clarifications please let us know so we would know if we can close the thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello JensAsbjorn,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
JensAsbjorn
Beginner
Thanks,

I have submitted a support ticket with Asus, and I’m currently waiting for the reply.

Quite okay to close this topic
0 Kudos