Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel I219-V cannot obtain gigabit speeds

DSowe
Beginner

Recently Upgraded to 300Mbs speed and my NIC is still only supporting 100Mbs. ( New Cat6 Cable, Updated Drivers, Flashed BIOS ).

Things i have tried:

> Updated Drivers

( No Change )

> New cable

( No Change )

> New router

( No Change )

> Plugging my existing cable into another PC

( Other PC Holds Gigabit Speeds )

> Disabling Energy Efficient Ethernet

( No Change )

> Flashing with Intel 24.1 BootUtils

( No Change )

> Changing link speed

( Loss of connection if changed to 1000Mbs Full Duplex )

> Tweaking Advanced NIC settings

( No Change )

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DSowe,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please download the System Support Utility from the link below, and attach a log file. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and would help us identify if this is an OEM or retail version of Intel Ethernet Adapters.

1- Download from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

2- Open SSU.exe

3- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

4- When finished scanning, click "Next".

5- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DSowe,

We'd like to follow up the SSU logs that we requested. Please also share the link of the website where you test the speed of your NIC. Kindly double check the established connection speed in the settings of your system: Network and Internet Settings; View your Network Properties and scroll down to Link speed (Receive/Transmit). 

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
DSowe
Beginner
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DSowe,

Thank you for providing the requested information.

Please check and provide the details below for us to further assist you.

1.) Kindly double check the established connection speed in the settings of your system: Network and Internet Settings; View your Network Properties and scroll down to Link speed (Receive/Transmit). 

2.) Have you tried a different system to test the Internet speed aside from your system?

3.) Is the 300 Mbps a guaranteed rate provided by your service provider?

4.) Please share the link of the website where you test the speed of your NIC. 5.) Have you tried a different speed test website to check if there is any difference?

6.) Based on the SSU log, you are using an Intel driver for your Ethernet Connection I219-V, can you share if you have tried the driver provided by ASUS?

Please be informed inform that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with Asus system. For OEM on-board Ethernet controller, it would be best if you can get in touch with Asus for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. Please visit this link for Support Options for Intel® Ethernet Controllers

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006628/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html?wapkw=oem+network

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
DSowe
Beginner

1/2.) I have retested multiple times and have put my exact wire into my roommates computer and it works fine. It is definitely a local problem.

3.) The speed is ~300 not a guaranteed set number but i am getting 90 whilist my cord in my rommates pc gets 270.

4/5.) Multiple websites were used

https://www.speedtest.net/

https://www.speakeasy.net/

https://www.spectrum.com/internet/speed-test.html (My Provider)

Multiple websites were used

6.) Ive tried all sorts of different version of drivers from both asus and intel providers.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DSowe,

Thank you for the reply.

Please check the following details:

1.) It seems you missed to check the the established connection speed in the settings of your system. Kindly double check on it and share if you're system is connected at 1Gbps.

On Network and Internet Settings; View your Network Properties and scroll down to Link speed (Receive/Transmit).

2.) Please share if you have tried performing clean installation of the driver? If not yet, kindly try it out and check if it would be of help to fix the issue. Please refer to the steps below:

a. Open Windows* Device Manager:  

Windows® 10: Right-click Start > Device Manager

b. Double-click Network adapters to expand the section.

c. Right-click the Intel® Ethernet Connection (model) and select Properties.

d. Click the Driver tab.

e. Click Uninstall.

f. Check "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK.

g. Press the Windows key + R, then type "%Temp%" (without the quotation marks) delete everything from that folder, then install our latest driver from the Download Center. You may also try the latest driver from ASUS. 

With all the website that you provided, do you get the same range of speed rate from all of it?

3.) Have you tried contacting ASUS regarding this issue? Since you mentioned that this is a local problem, it would be best to contact ASUS for further assistance.

4.) Is it possible to provide SSU from your roommate's system? This would help us compare the settings of you adapter.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello DSowe,

We just want to make a follow up on the update regarding our last recommendations.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DSowe,

Please provide the details that we requested for us to further check on your request. If you have additional questions on this matter, please let us know.

Awaiting to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
knutsford
Beginner

I'm having similar issues, I have a Z390 AORUS Ultra MOBO, recently upgraded to 600mbps through my ISP and I'm only receiving about 350mbps.

My link speed receive/transmit is at 1GBPS, my drivers are all updated, I am hardwired in with a CAT6 cord. 

I attached my SSU log as well, my ISP insists that it's hardware issue and nothing on their end. 

0 Kudos
Michael_Berling
Beginner

I am having exact same problem.

I have 4 PCs in the house, all 4 have i219-V onboard ethernet cards.

2 of them can obtain 1.0 Gbps speed, but the two others cannot.

Same cable tried on all machines, works on 2, but not they others.

All 4 machines are connected to an 8 port Switch that has 10/100/1000 Base-T and Base-X support, so this is not the problem either.

Have done the same as thread creator, without luck. I have tried CAT 5, 5E and 6 cables, without any change. Two machines cannot get more than 100Mbps, whilst the two others can get and maintain 1.0 Gbps.

I am not your average user, but an enthusiast with speciality in network.

0 Kudos
kkasten
Beginner

I'm have the exact same problem with the Intel 1219-V / Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 inside my HP EliteBook 840 G4.   When I run a Speedtest.net, I never get more than 220-230 Mbps via the ethernet link and ~180Mbps over Wifi even though I have 10+ other devices that get 500-800Mbps over my 1GB Xfinity connection.

0 Kudos
Felicity
Beginner
                    Power Management (Low Power):"Active: Yes, Enable: Yes"

it appears you have power savings on.

this is apparent on both the wifi and ethernet devices. @kkasten 

0 Kudos
kkasten
Beginner

Thanks Felicity for the recommendation.  Unfortunately the Power setting changes didn't improve the speed throughput.   I still get 180-220Mbps while my other devices get 500-900Mbps.

0 Kudos