Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4813 Discussions

Intel I219-V drivers do not work in Windows PE (2004 and 1909) anymore

UKräu
Beginner

We are deploying Window 10 over network from a Win PE.

Since release of the Z490 boards i don´t get a network connection in PE anymore. I have injected the correct drivers into the PE image but it still doesn´t work. Albeit my old PE image with the I219 drivers worked fine with older motherboards with I219 chip. i updated the drivers in my old PE (based on 1909/1903) and created a new 2004 PE. The drivers won´t work in both PE images. Be advised the network connection can be established with older motherboards that have i219 but not with Z490 motherboards.

Is that anything known to Intel and is there a sollution?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello UKräu

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Can you share where was the driver downloaded from? 

Just to clarify, is the issue only specific to Z490 board? If yes, we highly suggest contacting Asus to raise this concern. We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with Asus system. For OEM on-board Ethernet controller, it would be best if you can get in touch with Asus for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. 

Looking forward to your reply.

In case we don't hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
UKräu
Beginner

Hello Criselle C,

yes this problem is only specific with Z490 motherboards and it is with all motherboard vendors so far.

I also have tested my image injecting a driver from the motherboard vendor with no success and i don´t think their driver is any different from the drivers on the Intel website.

Because the network deployment need to work with all motherboard vendors i only use drivers from the Intel website on purpose.

I already have an answer from ASUS and i am in contact with the other vendors. Asus had no usefull answer besides to contact Intel ;-)

Our branch office in the netherlands also contacted me about the same problem.

And i have exactly the same problems with boards that have the i225 LAN chip installed.

Best regards

Uwe Kräuter

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello UKräu

Appreciate your response.

Please provide the following information that would help us in further checking your request.

1.) How many systems are affected by this issue?

2.) Is there any error showing on the I219-V device?

3.).) You've mentioned that you have raised this issue to Asus, we hope you don't mind sharing all their feedback with us.

4.) Please provide the System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
UKräu
Beginner

Hello Crisselle C,

1.) since the Z490 boards are pretty new the number i quite low, like 15-20 per day.

2.) I get system error 53 which means the maping of the networkdrive doesn´t work... well because there is no network connection. So nothing really usefull.

3.) Well the summary of theire answer is "We don´t know about that problem" Tbh. they probably never do any tests with WindowsPE.

4.) seems like SSU does not work in WinPE and since the network works fine in Windows 10 it probably does not help to do it from within Windows.

Best regards

Uwe

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello UKräu

Thank you for the reply.

Please allow us to check the issue internally. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello UKräu

We sincerely apologize for the delay on this matter.

Please be informed that this request in still being investigated by our engineering team. We have also found a similar request from you that is being handled by your local support group. With this, we'd like to check if its okay to close this request and continue with the other request you have? 

Looking forward to your response.

Should there be no reply, we'll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello UKräu

Good day!

We'd like to check if you have read our previous message. In case you have additional questions or clarifications, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Awaiting to hear from you.

We'll make sure to reach out after 3 business days in case we don't receive a response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello UKräu

How are you today? I hope you are doing great!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
theGUru
Beginner

Can anyone find a solution for this NIC 219-lm? Newer-gen desktops also have the same network cards and can not connect, WDS, for Win PE. 

0 Kudos