Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4876 Discussions

Intel I219-V locked at 10 Mbps

Foos
Beginner

Hello I currently put a new computer together and set it up everything is working nicely except the onboard lan which I have identified as an Intel 1219-V and it does not allow me to connect at any speed greater than 10 Mbps.  If I try it won't connect.  This is not an issue with the network as I can plug my other computer in to the same cable and it can go as far as it wants.  I think the cable is actually cat 6 or 7.  I ran it a couple of years ago.  I have tried the latest drivers but they do not help.  I have also tried rolling back drivers and I have flashed the bios for my motherboard to the latest version.  10 Mbps is not really an acceptable speed.  Please let me know what can be done to correct this. 

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z490M-PLUS LGA 1200

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Foos
Beginner

So I don't think this is an issue with the NIC anymore.  I installed a new PCI Express card and it has the exact same issue.  If I try to connect with anything other then 10 mbps it still fails.  I'm going to look at chipset drivers but I really don't know what it could be at this point...

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

We appreciate also for your initiative to try and test another network card.

Based on the results that you got, we recommend you to check the cable, the networking device (switch, router, hub, etc.) where the other end of the cable is connected to, or the Operating system.

We would appreciate it if you will provide us the results of our recommendations.

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Michael,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to carry out the recommendations that we have provided.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Michael,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to carry out the recommendations that we have provided due that reason we posted a message early to inform you that we will be adding a few more days before we follow up with you again.

We will follow up again after 4 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Foos
Beginner

It wasn't the cabling.  As I stated in my post I had been using another computer in this room for years with the same cabling so I never had to entertain that.  After exhausting reading I determined it had to be the main board.  I went to best buy and replaced the board and with the same components in the new motherboard everything works fine.  It is concerning to me that with the old board everything worked aside from this issue.  I will probably avoid motherboards that use Intel NIC's in the future. 

0 Kudos
Foos
Beginner

To provide further detail as to why I will avoid Intel NIC's, I was able to find other users having this issue online but I was unable to find a solution which tells me this is somewhat common.  The new motherboard uses a Realtek network device.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Michael,

Thank you for the update and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this might have caused.

If no further assistance is needed, please be informed that we will now proceed with request closure. In case you need additional information in the future, kindly submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos