Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Intel I219-V throttling speeds

NSANEMDC
Beginner

I have a MSI Z-370 Gaming plus motherboard. I have fiber internet with speeds of 1000/500. My computer is being throttled to 100mbps download and 2mbps upload. All the drivers are up to date. Using my cable plugged into my wife's pc we got speeds of 950mbps download and 475mbps upload. Now switch cable back to my pc and I get 105mbps download and 2mbps upload. I need help. I am out of ideas. I am on the verge of going and buying a new motherboard to solve this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello NSANEMDC,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. What is your OS?
  2. Are you using a PCIe I219-V or onboard?
  3. Can you also share the link of your latest driver?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
NSANEMDC
Beginner

I am running windows 10. Onboard adapter and I have updated through MSI's dragon center. I have been in contact with them as well and they send me this. No resolution to the issue yet.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=36773
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello NSANEMDC,

Thank you for the update.

The driver that they provided id from Intel which is a generic driver for your Network Card. And since the driver did not work,

It is best to continue talking to the manufacturer of the card for further checking. Try to ask them if they can help you on how to update the firmware of the Network card and if the speed is still the same, they may need to replace the board for a faulty onboard network card.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello NSANEMDC,

I just want to check if you already tried to contact the manufacturer of the motherboard for further support.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello NSANEMDC,

I am just sending another follow up hoping that you are already talking to the manufacturer of the board for further support. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos