Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Intel® I225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet Windows 7 / 8.1 driver

Rdack
Beginner

I need driver for Intel® I225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet, because currently i cannot connect my computer to internet. Please ASAP!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

0 Kudos
Rdack
Beginner

Thanks for reply. It is all not so easy without internet, but with pendrive i will carry the mentioned intel utility.

U.I, but i just simply need an I225-V driver, because i cannot find nowhere for 8.1 neither for Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Rdack
Beginner

My motherboard is ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING

equipped with,

-Intel® I225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet

and with

-Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200

And everything works fine, from usb, storage, graphics, expect i don’t have internet. Because my unluck both of the internet adapters are from Intel. And now i have to throw away my whole installation work both at hardware and software side and look for a different motherboard. Please give driver, before i taking apart everything, i need to use my computer.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello ,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

I just want to add that as per the list of validated OS for Ethernet cards. Intel® I225-V is not validated for Windows 8.1.

Kindly check the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055236/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

If you are using on-board or embedded Intel® I225-V and the board is validated or compatible with Windows 8.1.

The board manufacturer should provide the appropriate driver for all of the embedded components on the board including the Intel® I225-V. So it is best to Contact Asus to check if the board supports Windows 8.1 and if yes, to download the driver for onboard Intel® I225-V.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Rdack,

I just want to check if you already tried to contact the board manufacturer for further assistance on the driver.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Rdack,

I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos