Ethernet Products
Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4158 Discussions

Intel I225-V (3) IPv6 issue

JDub_US
Beginner

Hi there. I have a new Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Pro motherboard with the Intel I225-V (3) ethernet controller. My problem is that the ethernet controller cannot keep a connection with any website where the connection needs to be open for more than a second or two. This means I can't download larger files (anything over 10GB or so) or watch any video streaming service on my PC. If I turn of IPv6 and use IPv4 instead, everything works just fine. The wireless feature of this motherboard (Intel AX200) works fine in both IPv4 and IPv6.

I've tried a multitude of things to troubleshoot this, some of which I've found from similar threads here. I've tried many different cables and did a full driver uninstall and reinstall with both the Gigabyte drivers (1.0.2.14), changing the transmit and receive buffers to 2048, and the Intel ones (2.1.1.7) in addition to all the things I tried that isolated it to an IPv4 vs IPv6 issue.

I've attached my System Support Utility output to this message.  Any help you can provide in resolving this issue would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Crisselle_Intel

Hello JDub_US,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are sorry to hear that you are encountering issue with your I225 connection. For us to proceed checking your query, can you please share more details when you mentioned 'My problem is that the ethernet controller cannot keep a connection with any website where the connection needs to be open for more than a second or two'?

Does this mean that you aren't able to browse anything if IPv6 is enabled instead of IPV4? Or you can browse the internet but somehow, the connection got cut? Can you share if you are encountering any error message when the issue occurs?

We'd also like to set your expectation that we might have a limited support and it would be best if you can also get in touch with Gigabyte for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. 

Here is the list of System Manufacturers

https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/support/contact-intel.html?tab=system-manufacturers

Gigabyte Support

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Support

Awaiting to hear from you. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

JDub_US
Beginner

Hi there.

What I'm experiencing is that I can browse most web pages, but not successfully download larger files or stream videos. What appears to happen in IPv6 is that the connection is only kept alive for a second or two. This is long enough to load most web pages but not enough for a 100GB file or to stream a movie. When the connection "dies" there's no error message. On a download, the time to complete it just keeps rising until it stops and after a couple of minutes the download fails.

Crisselle_Intel

Hello JDub_US,

Thank you for the swift response. 

Please allow us to further check on your request. We will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

Crisselle_Intel

Hello JDub_US,

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

Please see below recommendation from our engineering. 

The troubleshooting you tried are all correct and we also checked that you already had the latest BIOS "F8f". What we can only suggest is to contact the board manufacturer as this might be hardware related issue. They are still in the best position where you can seek assistance as they possibly have a Firmware update and so you won't lose features or customizations on your Ethernet controller. 

Feel free to let us know if you have questions or clarifications. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

Crisselle_Intel

Hello JDub_US,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you received our update. If yes, please confirm and let us know if there is any additional assistance needed. Otherwise, kindly advise if we can now close this request. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

Crisselle_Intel

Hello John, 

I hope you're doing good!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support