Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Intel I225-V and WDS

CrystalNet
Beginner

I am trying to connect a motherboard with integral I225-V to a Windows Server 2016 running WDS to be able to install the OS. It connects to the server to download the boot image but fails in WindowsPE when trying to load the driver.

I have tried the manufacturers drivers as well as Intel 26.6, to no avail. Has anyone had any luck connecting this NIC to a WDS server and if so, which driver did you use please?

Kind regards,  Mark

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Achilles_Intel

Hello CrystalNet,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

We are sorry to hear about this issue you have encountered with your I225-V controller. Since you have mentioned that you have an onboard I225-V controller, we may have limited support for this issue. It would still be best to get in touch with your motherboard manufacturer for further support since they have customized FW, drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you do not lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. 

However, please do allow us to check into this matter and see if we can provide you any suggestions that might help you resolve this issue. As such, can you confirm the following details for us?

1. Were you able to use WDS properly using I225-V before?
  2. How many systems are affected by this issue?
  3. Kindly provide the SSU log of the affected system.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008563/ethernet-products.html

Let us know if you need clarifications. Should we not receive an update from you, we will make sure to make a follow-up after 3 business days.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
CrystalNet
Beginner

Hi Achilles,

I have now managed to resolve the issue thank you. The issue was that the media used to retrieve the Windows 10 boot image was clearly lower than 17763, which is the lowest you support in the driver. I was able to adjust the driver file to lower the supported version of Windows and this then installed the image bu then failed to complete the setup, due to the driver then being incompatible. I then created a new boot image from a later Windows 10 ISO v 19042 and this then worked with the driver as required.

Many thanks for your thoughts in this matter.

Kind regards, Mark

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello CrystalNet,

Thank you for your update on this matter. We are glad to hear that you found the solution to this issue. With this, we will now be closing this thread. If you need our assistance again in the future, feel free to submit a new question in the forums as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and have a great day.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos