Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Intel I225-V on Asus Z490 with IPv6

Jeneral_Pain
Beginner

Hi Team,

Driver on Windows: 1.0.1.4 (02/04/2020 - Intel)
Firmware: FXVL_15F3_ASUS.bin

I have an issue where sites such as Google, Facebook, and the like struggle to load. Even Intel's own site I couldn't download the drivers until I disabled IPv6. 

When I disable IPv6 the problem clears.

I've tried everything and I'm out of ideas.

Tell me what other information you would need to know? And where/how to retrieve the information you want.

Thanks

Jennifer

0 Kudos
39 Replies
JMcDe4
Beginner

I am having the same issue with IPV6 on an Intel NUC (NUC10i7FNB) with Ethernet Connection (10) I219-V.

Once I disable IPV6 all works fine

0 Kudos
Jeneral_Pain
Beginner

1.) Share the link where the driver and firmware were downloaded from.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/184676/Intel-Ethernet-Controller-I225-V

2.) System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration.

File attached.

Please acknowledge receipt of documentation requested, as I note you are very quick to "oof no reply, close". But you are very slow to respond for everything else.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jennifer and JMcDe4,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information that will help in checking your request.

1.) Share the link where the driver and firmware were downloaded from.

2.) System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
JMcDe4
Beginner

Thanks - as attached.

The driver was downloaded via the Intel Driver & Support Assistant

0 Kudos
JMcDe4
Beginner

I realised I did not have the Intel Ethernet driver in use when I ran the first test - have run it again as attached

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Thank you for providing the information requested. 

Please allow us to check on the logs. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Good day!

Just a clarification, can you share where did you disable the IPv6? Is it on Properties of the adapter? Or from the Device manager, such as TCP Checksum Offload (IPv6), UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6) and the like? 

Looking forward to your replies. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Jeneral_Pain
Beginner

What a crazy question!

Disabling off load does not disable IPv6.

You disable this via Network Adapters, Properties and unticking IPv6.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for the reply.

Please allow us to further check this with our engineers. We will get back to you as soon as there is any findings but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind understanding. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jennifer,

We apologize for the delay on this matter.

Please be informed that this request is still under investigation. Rest assured that we will send an update as soon as there is any but no later than 2-3 business days.

Thank you for your kind understanding. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for the patience on this matter. Please see below feedback from our higher level.

This may not be related to Intel Ethernet controller itself but could be your network environment. Can you share if you have you already contacted your ISP?

To further isolate the issue, we recommend to test another system or laptop using the same router. It could be a router issue as well. We need to isolate first because it is unusual for the Ethernet controller to have issues with IPV6.

Looking forward to your reply.

To give you enough time on this, we will follow up after 4 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Jeneral_Pain
Beginner

Yes, it works on other devices including iPhone, iPad, Mac etc.

Even my Linux server on the same switching fabric has no issues.

As soon as I disable IPv6 the problem goes away.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for the prompt reply. 

Please allow us to forward your response to our higher level. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jennifer,

Apologies for the delay.

We hope you don't mind clarifying below information as requested by our engineers.

Even my Linux server on the same switching fabric has no issues. 

As soon as I disable IPv6 the problem goes away.

Based on your statement above, does this mean that your Linux server is also affected and as soon as you disable the IPv6, the problem goes away? Can you share the brand and model of your router

Looking forward to your reply. 

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Jeneral_Pain
Beginner

Hi Crisselle,

Hoping for your resolution, as this has had 15 "days" to investigate and this just seems to be "Drag it out and hope I give up".

Let me spell this out for you:

LINUX SERVER on same switching fabric NO FAULT (do not use this as a "not our fault excuse")

Windows machine with I225-V card, as soon as I turn off IPv6, all problems go away. 

I cannot make this any clearer for you.

Do not ask for "3 days", as you've had 15+ days to investigate this and seemingly are dragging your feet.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jennifer,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

We have raised the questions for clarifications that would help in further isolating the issue. We hope you won't mind giving us additional time as we will forward your response to our higher level. 

Rest assured that this request is one of our top priority and give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 3 business days.

Hoping for your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Jeneral_Pain
Beginner

And now even IPv4 is intermittently failing with "GENERAL FAILURE" when just pinging my core router.

I've confirmed its not related to the ethernet cable or switching, because I've plugged it into another switch/router and the same problem keeps reoccurring.

This is out of control, if I put the motherboard in for repair, I'll be without a computer for possibly 3-6 weeks.

0 Kudos
Jeneral_Pain
Beginner

And from my event logs, I'm seeing this "disconnect" and "Reconnect" far too frequently.

I confirmed this also shows in the switch port logs, and the cable has tested clean, the cable has been replaced, the switch has also been changed over, the same problem continues.

Look at the amount of disconnect/reconnect events!

0 Kudos
Jeneral_Pain
Beginner

Here is the log in text format/xml.

0 Kudos
NotImpressed
New Contributor I

The I225-V is very unstable, it seems to be causing an array of problems ranging from packet loss, limited speeds, and straight-up disconnecting.

Even worse we are forced to manually update the firmware and use an old outdated driver that Windows keeps trying to update to the latest version...

My board wasn't cheap... what kinda user experience is this for a high-end product?

0 Kudos