Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies

Intel I340-T4

tkilr
Beginner

Hello, seeking help with this 2 port pci-e nic. I am trying to build a home vmware lab to study for vcp 5.5 and was hoping to use this card in a system (tower) i built, specs below. the card can not be recognized (pnp) by 2008 r2 or 2012 r1. Unfortunaltely their are no led lights in the front plate for this card. When installing the prowinx64 driver, it will quit and say the software could not install since there are no nic card detected.

I have switched the nic from one pci-e slot to another, but same result. I have tried to different computers to make sure the nic is not faulty. From what I can tell, the bios only allows me to disable the internal nic. Any help would be appreciated.

Biostar Ta970 MB

Internal Realtek RTL8111F - 10/100/1000 Controller

AMD FX-6300

0 Kudos
4 Replies
st4
New Contributor III

Hi tedkitroy,

Have you tried updating the board BIOS?

thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
tkilr
Beginner

Yes just did even though the support for the motherboard said the flash file was mainly for cpu modifications. Still the OS will not pickup the nic.

0 Kudos
tkilr
Beginner

Not sure how these entries get closed, but my problem turn out to be a faulty new nic. I had a second one that gets picked up by device manager real easy.

0 Kudos
VincentT_T_Intel
Employee

Hi tedkilroy, thank you for sharing the update, in case you have assistance needed on using Intel network adapter, feel free to post your questions in the forum.

thanks,

Vince

0 Kudos