Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

Intel Network Adapter Driver for Wins 7 - Very Slow Response On Access the tab On Windows Device Manager

YHoe
Beginner

I had downloaded and installed the latest V22.10 of the above mentioned (PROWinx64Legacy.exe) on a Beckhoff IPC running windows 7 professional x64 Edition with SP1 for the purposes of NIC teaming of the installed intel adapters. After the successful installation, I encountered the following:

(1) I found that it takes a long time (around 8 to 10 secs) for the properties window of the various intel adapter to show up once it is accessed. The added tabs (like the Teaming, the Link Speed) also behaves the same and takes a long time (says 5 to 8 secs) to be activated and display its contents. This only affect the intel network adapters. I installed the driver on two IPCs and the observation is the same. I try to uninstall and reinstall the driver on the same 2 IPCs with no improvement.

Is this normal or is this a bugs in the new latest driver? Anyone encounter the same?

(2) I had the following 4 intel adapters on the said IPC.

(a) x2 intel 82574L Gigabit Network adapter (on add on PCIxe Card)

(b) x1 intel I210 Gigabit Network adapter

(c) x1intel I219-LM Gigabit Network adapter

I am not able to team the two intel 82574L adapters as a team, it gives an error: each team must include at least one Intel server device or intel integrated connection that support teaming. However I am able to team one intel 82574L adapter with either the I210 or the I219_LM adapter as a team.

What is intel integrated connection? The intel 82574L adapters are not server adapters?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi YahChooHoe,

Thank you for writing to Wired Communities. What is the teaming mode you are trying to configure? What is the exact model of the 82574L (add-on PCI-e network adapter, note: 82574 refers to the ethernet controller). ?

Please feel free to provide the information as I need the network adapter model to further check.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
YHoe
Beginner

Hi Sharon:

Thxs for the response. I am teaming for Switch Fault Tolerance. The two 82574L NIC ports is on an add-on PCI-e network card. It is provided as an add on option for the Beckhoff's Industrial PC. Beckhoff had informed us that they tested the Intel network adapter driver for windows 7 and also observe that same slow response behavior on accessing the various added tab on the windows device manager for the respective intel adapters.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi YahChooHoe,

Thank you for the information. I will further check but can you help clarify again the network adapter model. 82574L is what we call the ethernet controller (the chipset embedded on the network adapter), you mentioned it is on an add-on PCI-e network card, so it means it is a network adapter that you can plug in and pull out. Can you check if you can find the "Expi9301CT" or "Intel pro 1000 CT desktop" on this network adapter?

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
YHoe
Beginner

Hi Sharon:

I checked with Beckhoff, the add-on card is Beckhoff made and is using the intel 82574L chipset.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi YahChooHoe,

Thank you for the additional information. Further checking, we did not encounter the slowness in accessing the PROSet tab as mentioned. Please try contacting Beckhoff as this an OEM card which it is recommended to further check with OEM vendor.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi YahChooHoe,

Please feel free to update me if further assistance needed.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
YHoe
Beginner

Hi Sharon:

I had passed the discussion here to Beckhoff's for them to read through. So far I do not receive any response from them.

I have do a basic test on the teaming and it does work. I can only do more thorough testing during site execution.

Thxs.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi YanChooHoe,

Thank you for the update and glad to know the teaming works. Hope the onsite execution will work well.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos