Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Intel Network I225-V

Konst
Beginner

Hello.

I planned to buy motherboard with Intel Network I225-V on board. 

what stepping  B1, B2 or B3 don't have bug?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Konst,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Can you tell us the brand and model of the board that you are planning to buy?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
Konst
Beginner

I planned to buy asus motherboard on b550 chipset (ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING for example).

i'll read sign on chip and i will see something like SLNJX(v2), SLNJY(v2), SLN9C(v1) and SLN9D(1).

Which of them have hardware  bug?  

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Konst,

Thank you for the quick reply.

If you want to know the Stepping if the Spec Codes that you provided, kindly open the link below and click "Ordering and spec information" on the left hand side of the screen.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/184676/intel-ethernet-controller-i225-v.html

"Stepping" refers to the version/revision number of a given chip so the higher the Stepping version, that means it is the latest.

However, to further check if the chip will have issues. Since the chips is on-board or embedded on the board. It is best to contact Asus for further checking. They may also disable some features if they want. They will have full control on the implementation of the chip on their board.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Konst
Beginner

This article tell what i225 on b2 stepping  also could be affected by this issue.  (https://wccftech.com/intel-foxville-i225-v-2-5gbe-networking-issues-persist-z490-motherboards-affected/)

what you can comment?   i need wait only stepping B3 of i225 for free from hardware bug?

do you already ship b3 stepping chips to motherboard manufacturers?

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Konst,

Thank you for the response. My comment for that is as for Intel, we have a fix for that and it is in Specification update that was released on March 2020. You may download that Specification update for more details. Kindly open the link below and click on "Technical Documentation:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/184676/intel-ethernet-controller-i225-v.html

However, and let me further explain this. Since you are purchasing a 3rd party board with embedded I225-V. It best to contact them on what revision is of I225-V is installed and if they have an update for it that will fix the issue. If they will use a B3 stepping on their board, kindly ask them the boards part number for you to get the latest stepping.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Konst
Beginner

can i try looking for board with stepping B3 chip on board?  you have already started shipping them to manufacturers?  your link in Ordering and Compliance dont have price with B3 chips. what does it mean?

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Konst,

If that information is in our ark website, it is already available. However since it it is a Tray unit. That transaction is between the OEM board manufacturer and Intel. So as much as I want to help you, it is best to contact the board manufacturer and ask them directly if they have Be stepping available on their boards.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Konst,

I just want to check if you still have clarifications and I hope that you are already talking to the manufacturer of the board.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Konst,

I am just sending another follow up to check and hoping that you are already talking to the manufacturer of the board. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos