Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Intel Pro 1000 PT Dual - Windows 10 x64 - ANS NIC Teaming

idata
Employee

I am running Windows 10 x64 using a Intel Pro 1000 PT Dual Nic. The latest 22.0.1 drivers say they have ANS support for NIC Teaming to finally work on Windows 10 with The Anniversary update.

When I go to configure the adapter I don't get he Nic teaming options in the Adapter Properties dialog menu.

Are the drivers not updating on my PC or are there no driver updates for this card? Or does the 1000 PT dual not work with Teaming even if I had it installed and the teaming options available.

I have another Intel Nice on my computer I217-LM and it has the Teaming properties in the adapter properties dialog menu. If i choose both the PT 1000 ports I get an error when trying to setup the Team.

Error: "Each team must include at least one Intel server device or Intel integrated connection that supports teaming."

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Community.

The only driver for Intel® PRO/1000 PT Server Adapter in Windows 10 is the one supplied by Microsoft that comes with the Operating System. For list of Intel Server Adapter that supports ANS in Windows 10, please refer to the link below.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000020905.html

Kindly look for adapter model with "Yes" under "Full Support".

regards,

Vince
idata
Employee

Thanks, Vince that was helpful. Do you happen to know if they are going to have full support for the PT series cards in Win 10 x64? It looks like I can go with the "Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T2" which is interestingly enough very similar to the onboard controller (i217-LM) that is offering me the ANS menu.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

PT series cards were launched in 2005. There's currently no information about having it "full support" in Win 10 x64. The last "full support" is Windows 7.

I've tried I350-T4 in my lab with Win 10 and "Teaming" tab is available after loading the 22.1 driver package.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos