Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4813 Discussions

Intel(R) 82577LC Gigabit Network Connection is not working

DSENE
Novice

My NIC stops working by showing an . I disabled it., uninstalled, tried to update it, the problem remains the same. Shutting down the computer or Reboot it will prompt the error message: PXE-E05: The LAN adapter's NVM configuration is corrupted. But, it will boot properly after.

When I tried to update it, it will stop by prompting: "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer (see attachment)". In the BIOS, I reset it to the default, checked the boot order (the NIC is the last one in the list, which is normal). I disable WOL. The problem persists.

I don't know what to do now. I'm wondering if resetting the Laptop to the Factory default, by the reinstalling the OS, will solve the issue? Since it said, while updating the driver, No Intel(R) Adapters are present. In device manager, the adapter is still present with the .

I restored my laptop to a previous Restore Point. Nothing!

If someone has a solution, please, Help!

8 Replies
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Josendy,

The eeprom on the NIC is corrupted, you can try reflashing the eeprom by checking with your laptop vendor for BIOS update.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
DSENE
Novice

Hi wb_Intel,

I downloaded the latest BIOS image file and tried to install it to find out that my Laptop is already using the same BIOS image as BIOS ROM, as you can see below. What else can I do?

0 Kudos
BFawk
Beginner

I have this exact same problem on a Lenovo Thinkpad T410. I am also current on BIOS. How can I reflash the NIC or reset the NVM? I have tried all the different versions of driver software to no avail. I have tried booting into a Linux environment(several actually) and none of those can make the NIC work at all. is this a replaceable item or integral to the motherboard?

thanks for any clues you can offer

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Bull_Fawkin_Shitt,

Thank you for the post. You can check with Lenovo as the NIC is an onboard NIC on the Lenovo system. they have the driver and flash utility that is customized for your system.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
DSENE
Novice

Hi There,

I'm still looking for an answer or a solution to my previous post about the /message/256563# 256563 Intel(R) 82577LC Gigabit Network Connection is not working. I tried wb_Intel solution without success. Because, my laptop, a Lenovo Thinkpad X201 Tablet, already has the last BIOS installed. Would anyone be able to guide me on how to re-flash or reprogram the EEPROM? Thanks!

Josendy

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Josendy,

I understand from your first post you mentioned disabling the NICs, is that from the device manager or BIOS? Please try disabling the NIC in the BIOS (

check if there is option of Internal network option ROM, disable it) in case you have not done that, see if this could be of help.

0 Kudos
DSENE
Novice

Hi wb_Intel,

Thank you for replying to my messages. It was only disabled from Device Manager, But, no result! Now, I'm going to disable it in the BIOS, as per your advice and will inform you about results.

Regards,

Josendy

0 Kudos
DSENE
Novice

Hi wb_Intel,

In the BIOS, disabling the Network LAN ROM and Wake On Land, only erased the error message: "PXE-E05: The LAN adapter's NVM configuration is corrupted" when opening the Laptop. This message does not show up anymore. But the Network Card still shows up in Device Manager with the yellow Exclamation Mark on top and still does not work. What would you suggest to do next to reset the EEPROM? Thank you!

Regards,

Josendy

0 Kudos