Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection driver

Mantrax
Beginner

Ho una scheda madre Asus P9X79 con scheda di rete Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection (driver 12.17.10.8 rilasciatio il 12/06/2018), vorrei aggiornare i driver ma ho trovato solo quelli della scheda Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network PHY.

Mi potreste dire se sono compatibili? Io ho win10 64bit.

Grazie per eventuali risposte

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Mantrax,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please be informed that we can only provide support in English and we are only using a translation tool to understand your question.

Based on our understanding, you have an Intel (R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection running on a Windows 10 64 bit operating system (OS) and you wanted to update the driver and check if its compatible on your OS, is that correct?

Looking forward to your response.

In case we don't hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mantrax
Beginner

I apologize for the inconvenience, I thought there was assistance in my language.

Exactly, I have an Intel (R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection network card (driver 12.17.10.8 released 12/06/2018) and I would like to update the driver.

Searching on the site I found that of the Intel (R) 82579V Gigabit Network PHY network card.

I need to know if the drivers I have found are compatible with my network card.

Logically with Windows 10 64 bit as an operating system.

Thanks for any replies

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, we can assist you in your language -- but (there's always a 'but'), we speak English and will respond in English and you will have to translate if necessary. Further, while we can translate your text, we cannot translate text that is contained within image captures, so providing them can be problematic.

Now, to your question, The 82579V is an Ethernet PHY. It can be used with the MAC built into the chipset or with a separate MAC (also) installed on the board. The driver is the same for both solutions. Now, Windows 10 versions 1809 and later have a built-in driver for the 82579V, so provided you are using at least that version (or 1903 or 1909), you should be good to go. See Windows 10 Support for Intel Ethernet Adapters for more information,

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Mantrax,

Good day!

We'd like to check if you still have additional questions clarifications on this matter. In case you do, please let us know and we will be glad to be of help.

Awaiting to hear from you.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Mantrax,

How are you today?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future.

May you have an amazing weekend!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos