希望能添加win7驱动从(8)I219-V到(11)I219-V  还有很多客户用win7 想使用新主板的 

感谢感谢

0 Kudos
13 Replies
tech_fox
Beginner

Firstly, a translation of the above post:-

"

Win10 25.4 driver is normal Win7 only the final version 25.0 does not contain this hardware ID driver is unsuccessful

I hope to add the win7 driver from (8)I219-V to (11)I219-V. There are many customers who want to use the new motherboard with win7.

Thanks thanks 

"

I too am looking for a Windows 7 driver for the following device:-

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0D4D&SUBSYS_86721043&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0D4D&SUBSYS_86721043
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0D4D&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0D4D&CC_0200

This is an Intel (11) I219-V device on an Asus Z490 Prime Plus motherboard. The manufacturer only provides Windows 10 drivers which are actually Intel's driver package.

Intel only provides drivers for ICs with the designation in the range of I219-V through to (7) I219-V in the Final Window 7 Network Driver Release V25. Looking at the INF file it seems the () are associated with a branding string, whatever that is? Windows 8 to Windows 10 drivers cover I219-V through to (17)I219-V. 

I have tried forcing (1) to (7) driver onto my device. Whilst it seems to install OK, it stops with a Code 10 error. I have also tried editing the Win 7  driver (INF file) to the details of the (11) IC and also get a Code 10 error. 

I have tried editing the Windows 8 driver (the INF seems very close to the Windows 7 Driver in format and structure)  to allow Windows 7 use but I get a code 39 error (Driver corrupt). 

I therefore assume the .sys file also needs editing.

Intel's website table also states that the I219-V series is supported under Windows 7.

Where can I find the relevant Windows 7 driver? If one does not exist, will Intel update the V25 package to include all drivers from (1) though to (17)? Alternatively will Intel release information to allow us users to develop our own drivers?

Thanks in anticipation.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Win10 and tech_fox,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Just to clarify, you already tried the driver from package 25.0 link below but unsuccessful to install? Can you share the error codes seen while installing the driver? 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18713/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7-Final-Release?product=82186

Can you also confirm if you tried driver from 24.5 package? Does it have the same result with 25.0? 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29384/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7-Final-Release?product=82186

Looking forward to your reply. 

Should there be no response, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Win10 and tech_fox,

How are you doing? 

We'd like to follow up the information requested for us to continue with the investigation. Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

Awaiting to hear from you. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
tech_fox
Beginner

Sorry for the delay. Too many Projects on the go!

Just to be sure I download afresh both sets of drivers from your links. The resultant error message was "Cannot Install Drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present on this computer".

Unpacking the exe files, I can confirm that V24.5 and V25 only contains drivers for I219-V through to (7)I219-V for windows 7. 

While we are here what is the Brandname String for? They all seem to be made by Intel presumably to the same technical specification.

Thank you,

Ray

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello tech_fox,

No problem at all, appreciate your reply. 

Unfortunately, the latest driver package that supports I219-V on Windows 7 is SW25.0 and older versions. 

Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows 7* - Final Release

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18713/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7-Final-Release?product=82186

You may visit this link for the list of Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Ethernet Controllers (LOM)

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055236/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html 

As you may notice, I219-V for Win7 indicates Yes3. For Yes3, Final SW release posted to web for customer to download if needed. 25.1 to latest version doesn't support Windows 7. 

Can you share if you already tried driver from package 25.0, 24.5 or older? 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/82186/Intel-Ethernet-Connection-I219-V

Looking forward to hear from you.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello tech_fox,

Good day!

We'd like to check if you have read our previous message. If yes, kindly provide the additional details requested for us to further investigate the issue.

Awaiting to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
tech_fox
Beginner

I feel we are going around in circles!

If you have read my earlier emails you will know that I have tried the driver packages V25 and earlier. I have also by passed the ProWin Installer (Which apparently doesn't work for anybody) by pointing the device manager directly at the Pr1000 relevant directory. I have forces drivers I219-V through to (7) I219-V to be loaded but get a Code 10 error.

Yes V25 is your latest and last driver for Windows 7. However I assert that the Windows 7 driver package should support (8)I219-V up to possibly (17)I219-V as these versions of the devices were available before the V25 driver package was formulated.

So is it possible for Intel to add the later variants?

I am sure there are many users like me who still need to use Windows 7 so driver support for modern motherboards would be highly desirable.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello tech_fox,

We sincerely apologize if you feel that we are going around circles. 

Please allow us to check on this further. Rest assured that we will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello tech_fox,

We apologize for the delay on this matter.

Please be informed that this request is still under investigation. Rest assured that we will send an update as soon as there is any findings but no later than 2-3 business days.

Thank you for your kind understanding. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello tech_fox,

Good day!

We already heard from our higher level. Please see below details for their response.

Since this is an Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V, on which is built-in to the motherboard, the responsibility to provide drivers is usually with the Motherboard manufacturer. However, the motherboard only listed Windows 10 on the Operating System (this is based on Asus Z490 Prime Plus motherboard specifications). What we can only provide is the generic driver.

Version: 25.0.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29572/Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack

Sharing with you the basic troubleshooting steps for Code 10 error. However, this may or may not work as Windows 7 Operating system is not listed on supported OS for your motherboard. 

1.) Uninstall the Device and restart the computer. The error Code 10 you're seeing could have been caused by a temporary problem in Device Manager or with the hardware. 

2.) Remove any hardware you may added to the computer prior to the error message. There could be a device causing a hardware conflict or compatibility issues. Did you install a device or make a change in Device Manager just before the Code 10 error appeared? If so, it's possible that the change you made caused the Code 10 error. Undo the change if you can, restart your PC, and then check again for the Code 10 error.

3.) Perform a clean installation of drivers. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers for the device is a likely solution to a Code 10 error. Notice that Properly reinstalling a driver is not the same as simply updating a driver. A full driver reinstall involves completely removing the currently installed driver. Refer to instructions below on how to perform clean driver installation.

a.) In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

b.) Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

4.) Install the generic driver version 25. It may not be the latest version but it is the last version to support Windows 7 based on readme file.

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/22283/eng/readme.txt

Release 25.0 is the last release to support:

- Microsoft* Windows* 7

- Microsoft* Windows Server* 2008 R2

- Intel(R) QSFP+ Configuration Utility (QCU)

- IOUtil

If the above steps doesn't help in fixing the issue, we highly suggest raising this issue to Asus for further assistance since the controller is embedded on an Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) system. 

Please be reminded that the Driver package is only validated for Intel® Ethernet controllers built into Intel motherboard/system or which are boxed PCI-Express based Intel® Ethernet Adapters. This Package has not been validated for any controllers on third-Party boards and therefore we give no guarantee of it working for your device in this situation.

You may also try installing other Operating System such as Windows 10 just to make sure that the onboard LAN is working and the issue is not hardware related.

Hoping for your kind understanding regarding the limitations of our support in this instance.

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

We look forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 4 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello tech_fox,

How are you doing? 

We'd like to check if you are able to read our previous message. If yes, please confirm and share an update for the status of the system.

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

Hoping to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello tech_fox,

Good day!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ninexd
Beginner

hello guys , 

i have motherboard z490 master x Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (11) I219-V , and i tried to install driver on win7 also i tried edit INF files ,

any solution ? 

0 Kudos