Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (11) I219-V Unable to install intel network connections software

HSM
New Contributor I

英特爾(R)以太網連接(11)I219-V無法安裝英特爾網絡連接軟件2.5.1.1

板載219-V是ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO(WI-FI) 

硬件識別碼:
PCI \ VEN_8086&DEV_0D4D&SUBSYS_86721043&REV_00
PCI \ VEN_8086&DEV_0D4D&SUBSYS_86721043
PCI \ VEN_8086&DEV_0D4D&CC_020000
PCI \ VEN_8086&DEV_0D4D&CC_0200

1 Solution
HSM
New Contributor I

Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack

Version: 25.6 (Latest) Date: 12/18/2020

25.6 Released : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack

Glad my problem is solved , The Z490 platform is installed correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
101 Replies
richard52
Novice

Hi Alfred,

Yes, I tried the procedures listed on this page, but same error occur ( screenshot attached )

I searched in *.inf files in the directory with the latest intel driver (5.1.1) and could not find the ven-id and subsys of this network card VEN_8086&DEV_0D4D&SUBSYS_86721043 , perhaps this is why the driver cannot be installed? 

HSM
New Contributor I

"To confirm by saying slow, do you mean the ethernet speed is slow?"

NO , I mean the speed at which manufacturers release new drivers,

For example, the driver version provided on the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI) website still stays at version 12.18.9.20 .

VLAN setting tool is as richard52 said ,

The driver provided by the ASUS manufacturer does not include VLAN-related functions.

I hope that future versions of the Intel network connection software will resolve installation errors and complete Intel ProSet Adapter Configuration Utility installation.

My English is not the main language, there may be some errors in the words, please forgive me.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Hsm,

Thank you providing those information.

Please allow us some time to check on this. 

We will get back to you no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Hsm and Richard52,

Thank you for waiting for our update.

While we were checking, we noticed that version 25.2 got released. Please try to install these drivers and check if you will have the same error. You can download the driver here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack?product=82186.

We look forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
richard52
Novice

Hi Alfred,

Same driver files, same errors. I'm compared 25.1.1 and 25.2 driver files and can't find any differences.

0 Kudos
HSM
New Contributor I

Version: 25.2 The same error still exists.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Hsm and Richard52

Thank you for your feedback on the new driver release.

Please allow us some time to check on this. 

We will get back to you no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Hsm and Richard52,

We thoroughly checked your concern, and the issue that you are having could be caused by your OEM making changes to the built-in ethernet controller on your systems so it can adapt to their system and the changes. As much as we would like to help you, this might be beyond our scope of support.

With that said, have you already tried manually installing the driver by right-clicking the device within Device Manager and clicking Update Driver Software, and choosing any of the files within the NDIS65 folder. Once successful or complete, reinstall the whole package to include other features.

We look forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
HSM
New Contributor I

After installing the NDIS65 folder driver,

run the intel network connections software again,

The same error still exists,

Still missing Intel ProSet Adapter Configuration Utility & VLAN settings.

0 Kudos
richard52
Novice

Yes, i'm already tried manually installing the driver from NDIS65 folder by right-clicking the device within Device Manager.Driver installed successfuly, but running of whole installer cause same problem (screenshot attached).

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi

Thank you for trying our recommendations.

As we have set on our previous post, there really was some modifications done by the manufacturer of your respective boards that blocks our driver from installing correctly. Either the board manufacturer has done some modifications or customization that causes our driver package to not install correctly. You may need to get in touch with the your motherboard's manufacturer support team for this concern.

We hope for your kind understanding regarding this.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Hsm,

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you. We hope for your kind understanding regarding our last post

If you still need assistance with your concern, you can reply back to the thread or create another topic, and we will be more than glad to assist you

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi HSM and richard52,

We really wanted to help you so we deliberated for one more time before closing the thread. After deliberating It appears that we need to further check on your concern, since it was found out that it is not normal for the package to not install.

We will postpone the closing of the case, and further check on your concern. We will provide you with an update no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
HSM
New Contributor I

Glad to see this reply , Hope to find the problem that cannot be installed.
I contacted the manufacturer’s customer service,
The manufacturer's customer service responded that it is recommended to contact Intel.

0 Kudos
richard52
Novice

Hi, Alfred,

I contacted the manufacturer’s customer service, and what was the answer:

"These are not our drivers, these are the same drivers from Intel, just tested by our engineers. If the driver does not contain the required software, then obviously it can be obtained from the vendor of the network adapter.
By the way, we clarified this question with our RDs and received an answer that there are no restrictions on the part of ASUS:

Confirm with BU that we have not blocked for VLAN feature. This feature is Intel's. Please ask the customer to consult Intel."

Please fix the PROSet installator.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Hsm,

Here are our engineers’ recommendation:

Are you able to update to the latest Windows 10 version? If yes, please update to latest Windows 10. Be advised that updating to latest may take some time and best to have the latest backup. Once done, please them remove the drivers for I219 and try the 25.2 installation again from the complete driver pack.

If that does not work. Can they remove the CT Desktop Adapter from the system. Then reboot and try the complete driver pack again.

Hi richard52,

Thank you for contacting Asus. We highly appreciate it. Please try the recommendation above and we will wait for your results. We will take note of Asus statement regarding this.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
HSM
New Contributor I

Hi AlfredoS ,

My Widnows 10 Version : 2004 (19041.450)  is latest version ,

Remove the drivers for I219 and try the 25.2 installation again ,

The same error still exists.

You can ask engineers to use ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO motherboard install intel network connections software, so the same problem should be reproduced.

I also tried his ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO from my friend ,

Install intel network connections software , Same error .

CT desktop adapter?
I don't understand what CT desktop adapter.

0 Kudos
richard52
Novice

Hi, Alfred,
Yes, i have latest Windows 10 version - Widnows 10 Version : 2004 (19041.450)
Yes, i remove drivers from I219 and trying the 25.2 installation again. Same error.
Yes, i remove CT Desktop adapter, reboot, remove driver, reboot and install driver pack again.
I was trying to do the next things:
1. I'm go to the directory <Driver unpack directory>\25_2\APPS\SETUP\SETUPBD\Winx64 and run PROUnstl.exe and unistall driver
2. Then i'm runing SetupBD.exe and get message that driver installed successfully.
3.Then i'm going to the <Driver unpack directory>\25_2\APPS\PROSETDX\Winx64 and run DxSetup.exe and got error: "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer."

I'm thinking that error is in Proset Software, not in drivers. I'm thinking that Proset software cannot find I219 (11) network adapter.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi HSM and Richard52,

Thank you for your inputs and for your cooperation.

We hope that we can find a quick solution for this as we already feel your exhaustion on your messages.

Please allow us some time to further check on this.

Thank you for your suggestion Richard52, we will ask our engineers to take note of that.

HSM, the instruction about the CT adapter is for Richard52. Apologies for the confusion.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi HSM and Richard52,

Apologies for the delay on our update.

Please perform below recommendations from our engineering team.

1 Remove the phantom adapters from Device Manager. Follow the link below on how to remove the Phantom Adapters.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006656/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

2 Uninstall the drivers for the network interface cards (NICs) via Device Manager.

3 Reboot.

4 Try to install back the latest drivers and software.

We look forward to your replies after performing the above suggestions.

Should there be no response, we will reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
richard52
Novice

Hi Crisselle,

I'm removed phantom adapters, reboot and install back driver software, as you can see in screenshot, but the same error in installation of PROSet occurres.
As I written higher, error is not in driver installator, error is in PRO Set utility installation process.

0 Kudos