Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4862 Discussions

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V Adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware- related problem*** How do I fix this?

TLong10
Beginner

I would greatly appreciate any advice. Quick Run through:

This is not an issue with my router or my modem - I am posting this from my laptop which I connected with from both WiFi and Ethernet.

All of my WAN Miniports are functional

In Device Manager My Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V Adapter has a caution flag. I have attempted to update the drivers (Kinda hard without internet huh...) however device manager seems to thing that the drivers are the most recent.

Update:

OS-Windows 10 Version 1803

Please let me know if any additional information would be helpful to find a solution

Thanks all!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

What is your Operating System and what is the O.S. version?

Leon

0 Kudos
TLong10
Beginner

Hi Leon,

I am running Widows 10 Version 1803

Thanks

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Download the latest driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=71305 if your Windows is 64bit version please download the PROWinx64.exe file, otherwise PROWin32.exe for 32-bit (x86) editions of Windows.
  2. Disconnect the internet and uninstall in Device Manager My Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V Adapter. Check the Delete option.
  3. Install the previously downloaded from Intel driver.
  4. Reconnect the Internet and reboot your computer.

Leon

0 Kudos
TLong10
Beginner

Thank You Leon,

I will give this a try and let you know if it solves my issue.

Much appreciated,

Tyler

0 Kudos
TLong10
Beginner

Unfortunately this did not work, I have updated my BIOS and my drivers, I believe it might be a hardware issue. My current adapter is integrated into my motherboard. Would i be able to bypass this issue with a Ethernet-to-USB Adapter or an additional/new adapter socketed into my motherboard?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Tyler,

1. Did you try using Windows troubleshooter to fix this problem? Right click on network icon in task bar and then click on Troubleshot problems.
  2. Is the network adapter enabled in bios?
  3. About your question for using other adapter? I can't answer this for sure. You may try.

Leon

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello TLong10,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We just want to check if the issue is now fixed after trying the last recommendations.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello TLong10,

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos