Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM

Kwenza
Beginner

My PC is not able to connect to the Internet via ethernet cable, in fact it says that the cable is not plugged. The driver is updated, I tried to uninstall it, disable it. furthermore i have tried most of the solutions provided by youtube and i am hoping you guys can help me thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Kwenza,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Is it working before?
  2. If yes, how did the issue started?
  3. Are you using an onboard/embedded I219-LM?
  4. What is the brand and model of your board or PC?
  5. Did you try to replace the LAN cable?
  6. When you connect the LAN cable, kindly check if the LED in the LAN port.
  7. What re the other troubleshooting steps that you tried so far?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Kwenza
Beginner

1. Yes

2. When i installed a software called auslogics driver updater a few minutes it stopped working

3. onboard

4.PC model 7040 dell

5. No

6. I am using a router to connect to my pc via usb data cable.

7. i have tried resetting windows and updating to the latest version

- i also tried uninstalling the drivers and disabling it, overall i have tried 60% of the solutions still no luck.

Thanks

Kwenza

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Kwenza,

Thank you for the quick reply and base on the information that you provided, here are my recommendations:

1. Try using a different USB cable and connect it in the different USB socket.
  2. If your computer has LAN port, try to check if your system will have a connection via LAN port.
  3. When you said you have tried resetting  Windows, did you mean re-installing the OS? If yes, have you also checked if the onboard LAN is enabled inside the BIOS?
  4. Can you share a screenshot of your device manager if there is an error on your network.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Kwenza
Beginner

All sorted guys thanks for your advise. all i had to do was to install a new windows 10 (format) on my device, i suspect my drivers were outdated. 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Kwenza,

Thank you for updating us and we are glad that everything has been sorted out. I will close this thread now and you need assistance again in the future, please post a new question.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos