Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (4) I219-LM not working

AForn2
Beginner

My PC is not able to connect to the Internet via ethernet cable, in fact it says that the cable is not plugged. The driver is updated, I tried to uninstall it, disable it, etc. Every 20 seconds I get this message in the Windows Event Viewer:

The network interface "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (4) I219-LM" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 190 time(s) since it was last initialized.

Any idea will be really welcomed.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello AForn2,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following details for us to check on your query:

1.) When was the issue first encountered?

2.) Is there any changes prior to the issue?

3.) Is this a new system or known to be working fine before?

4.) Please provide the System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Download from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AForn2
Beginner
Hello Crisselle, 1) The issue was first encountered last Wednesday (26/06) 2) There isn’t any change prior to the issue. Last Tuesday I worked all day connected to the interned using Ethernet cable. Then on Wednesday morning was not working. 3) I attach the SSU txt file Thanks Arnau
0 Kudos
sarojyadav98
Beginner

My PC is not able to connect to the Internet via ethernet cable, in fact it says that the cable is not plugged. The driver is updated, I tried to uninstall it, disable it, etc. Every 20 seconds I get this message in the Windows Event Viewer:

The network interface "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (4) I219-LM" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 100 time(s) since it was last initialized.

Any idea will be really welcomed.

i atthed ssu scan txt

please resolved my problem.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Aforn2,

Thank you for the reply. It seems you miss to attach the SSU log. Kindly attach the log to this thread.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004NLlPE/intelr-ethernet-connection-4-i219lm-not-working

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AForn2
Beginner

Hi,

I attach it again.

Thanks

Arnau

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello AForn2,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Please find our initial findings and suggestions below:

1.) We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with Dell system. For OEM on-board Ethernet controller, it would be best if you can get in touch with Dell for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. Please visit this link for Support Options for Intel® Ethernet Controllers.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006628/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

2.) We have checked the SSU log and noticed that you are not using the latest driver. Please perform a clean installation of the Network driver and check if it will make any difference. You may also try our latest generic driver or driver from Dell itself.

Refer to the steps below:

a. Open Windows* Device Manager:  

b. Double-click Network adapters to expand the section.

c. Right-click the Intel® Ethernet Connection (model) and select Properties.

d. Click the Driver tab.

e. Click Uninstall.

f. Check "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK.

g. Press the Windows key + R, then type "%Temp%" (without the quotation marks) delete everything from that folder, then install the latest driver from the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack?product=82185

Please let us know once you've contacted Dell and if updating to the latest driver would resolve the problem.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello AForn2,

We are just making a follow up if you already tried our last recommendations. And also to check if you tried contacting Dell for further assistance.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello AForn2,

We'd like to check if you were able to contact Dell for further assistance. Kindly give us an update on this matter.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AForn2
Beginner

A Dell technician analysed my laptop and solved the issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello AForn2,

Thank you for the reply.

We are glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Should you have any other concerns or assistance needed in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos