Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V limited speed 100/100 windows 11 22h2

PedroLiberal
Beginner

I have an Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219 imited to a 100/100 speed.

• Driver version at 12.19.2.45
  • I disable auto-negotiation and set as 1Gbps Full Duplex (lost my connection)
  • I tried disabling ReduceSpeedOnPowerDown
  • I unchecked the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option.
  • I changed all cables to new cat6 cables.

Resuming, my main problem is: My ethernet is limited to 100/100 Mbps (Auto Negotiation value) and I can't increase it. The speed & duplex gigabit value (1.0 Gbps/Full Duplex) doesn't work in my driver.

Atached my Intel SSU log

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello PedroLiberal,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using an onboard I219-V or is it a PCIe card?
  2. Is it working fine before?
  3. What was recent changes before the issue started?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
PedroLiberal
Beginner

Hi!

1. I`m using an onboard I219-V
  2. Yes, it`s working fine before
  3. Just windows 11 updates

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello PedroLiberal,

Thank you for the quick reply. Can you try to install the driver below using Clean driver installation method. The link for the steps are also provided below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html?wapkw=i219-V

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/ethernet-products.html

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
PedroLiberal
Beginner

I did it and still the same issue! Didn`t work

0 Kudos
PedroLiberal
Beginner

I tested my friend`s laptop with the same OS and a Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (4) I219-LM (rev 2) on my network and he got a gigabit connection.

I found a topic in this very forum with a guy who had incompatibilities between windows 11 2h22 inside preview and my ethernet card.\

So it`s clear there is a drive incompatibility with windows 11 and Intel knows it for a while! When we can have a functional drive update?

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Windows-11-version-22H2-Insider-Preview-says-I219-V-is-not/td-p/1380242

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello PedroLiberal,

Thank you for trying our last recommendations. Let me try and have this issue checked. Please give us 2 to 3 working days to provide an update.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello PedroLiberal,

We just want to update you that we are now checking this issue. By the way, we want to confirm the following details:

1. The Driver Version:"12.19.2.45", may we know the specific link where you downloaded this driver or was it provided by Windows as WHQL?

2. The issue only happened after the latest Windows 22H2 update? What is the exact KB update number?

3. Base on SSU, the Receive Buffers is 256 while Transmit Buffers is 512. Can you try changing both buffers to 1024 or 2048 in adapter settings and check if it will improve the connection?

*ReceiveBuffers:Buffers de recepção:"256 (256)"

*TransmitBuffers:Buffers de transmissão:"512 (512)"

By the way, we also want to set the your expectation that we are only doing the best effort support since your controller is LAN on motherboard. 3rd party motherboard manufacturers should always be the ones to provide support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello PedroLiberal,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a soft follow up on the information that we requested for us to further assist you. We will wait for your reply. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello PedroLiberal,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
SmartServer
Novice

Hi,

any update? I have exactly the same problem, with exactly same configuration (Windows & driver version, I219-V). I did everything described here and other forums, but nothing helped.

It is ridiculous, but my super-duper gaming rig stuck at 100 mbps. Please advise something.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
SmartServer
Novice

Had to re-crimp the cable and then everything became in order.

0 Kudos