Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V unable to install drivers getting error code 10

Destroyer081
Beginner

This has been happening for a month and a half now I do not know how it started. Luckily the wireless function still works However, the Ethernet that I have plugged in even now wont popup in network options at all and in device manager it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" . 

I have a asus rog strix z390-e motherboard 

I have tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting 
I have tried a network reset 
I have tried to troubleshoot it 
I CANNOT do a roll back to a time before this happened 
I have tried to disconnect my pc from the wall and let it sit for a minute
I have tried going into the cmd and doing "ipconfig /flushdns"
I have tried resetting my bios to default 
I tried updating windows 

After trying all these options with no success I am asking you all for help!
Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Destroyer081,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

We would to look deeper on the different components and their corresponding driver versions, of your system.

Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility tool from this page, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600. After running it, you will have an option to save to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply to this post.

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Destroyer081
Beginner

Here is the saved text file.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi Destroyer081,

Thank you for providing the requested information.

Based on the logs, you are using Ethernet inbox driver from Microsoft. Since you are using an embedded Ethernet controller from your Asus system, we'd like to check if you have tried using the driver provided by your manufacturer? The software drivers linked from Intel page are generic versions, and can be used for general purposes. However, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) might have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided via your system manufacturer. We would also suggest raising this issue to Asus support for further assistance. 

You mentioned that you tried reinstalling the driver, can you share if you have also tried performing clean driver installation based on the steps below?

a.). Download the Network Driver package from the link below or preferably, driver provided by your board manufacturer

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/82186/Intel-Ethernet-Connection-I219-V

b.) In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

c.) Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

d.) Install the latest Network Driver.

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter.

We look forward to your reply.

If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Destroyer081
Beginner
I tried uninstalling the drivers to no avail. However, I did discuss this problem with Asus they believed it might be a hardware issue and since I have a 3 year warranty they allowed me to ship it in for repairs.
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi Destroyer081,

Thank you for the update. 

We apologize for the inconvenience that this might have caused on your end. We are also glad to hear that Asus will further assist you with the repairs.

Since your system will be sent to Asus for the repair, please be informed that we will proceed closing this request after 3 business days. If in case you wish to keep this request open, do not hesitate to reply on this thread.

May you have an amazing day ahead!

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Destroyer081,

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you. We hope that Asus has already have a clear plan to resolve your issue, if not has already completely resolved your concern.

If you still need assistance with your concern, please create another topic, as this thread will be locked

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ROmbo
Novice

I run Windows10Pro on an Asus Z170 MotherBoard with onboard dual-NICs.  NIC#1 is the Intel i211 (LAN) and NIC#2 is the Intel i219-V (WAN) which are routed thru a NetGear #C6300 DOCSIS3.0 router/modem.  About a month ago, this Win10P "Network Bridge" configuration has started going offline, almost daily. 

Each time this loss of WAN connectivity occurs; running the NetGear Genie network troubleshooter indicates that the Intel i219-V is "DISABLED". 

Win10P network trouble-shooter is usually able to repair the problem which is event/error-logged as the network not having a "Default Gateway". 

Win10P repair does not require a reboot upon the network troubleshooter auto-fix and does not impact the operation of the Intel i211 LAN-NIC and it is able to continue operation because it is used for PoE surveillance Camera recording and as a media server/streamer within the house.

I have tried many attempts at fixes to no avail. 

I notice that the logs above also show that the i219-V is "Disabled" but I have not figured out what is causing this.  A malware would be awful dumb to turn-off the default gateway....

0 Kudos