Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V Connection consistently dropping

TTimo1
Beginner

I'm trying to narrow down a connectivity issue with my ethernet adapter. I have an Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V ethernet adapter connected to a Linksys RE6500 wireless extender. I've verified the Linksys has a full connection. The originating wireless AC signal is coming from an AT&T (Pace) 5268AC Residential Gateway. The machine is on Windows 10 64-bit with latest Anniversary Update.

Every so often at random, the connection drops and resets. I haven't been able to nail down a pattern that causes it, but it seems to happen mostly when browsing the web or connecting remotely via VNC. What's odd is that when I had it connected to an ASUS RT-AC68U via ethernet cable, it never dropped the connection, which leads me to believe it's an issue with the Linksys. I've got an open ticket with them right now, but to be sure, I want to make sure there isn't anything on my ethernet adapter settings I need to configure in order for it to work with the RE6500. Below are screenshots of the configuration and driver version, which seems to be the latest as far as I can tell.

All Power Management options are turned off on this tab:

No changes to the below settings have been made. All are set to the defaults:

I saw a few other posts where people had issues with the connection dropping, but there didn't seem to be any resolution to it. I welcome any and all assistance!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Thefutureme,

Thank you for the post. What is the system board you used? For latest driver, we recommend you to check with the board vendor as this is is an onboard NIC embedded on the system which used customized drivers.

Checking on the setting on the screenshot, we do not have specific setting, you can try disable /enable the flow control to see if this will make any difference.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Thefutureme,

Please feel free to provide the update on your inquiry. Thanks.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
TTimo1
Beginner

Glad you asked. I've stopped using the ethernet adapter and I am now using an ASIX USB 3.0 gigabit adapter which I had laying around. I have had no dropouts since, so the problem is clearly with the Intel adapter.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Thefutureme,

Thank you for the update and clarify you have isolated the problem. Thanks.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Thefutureme,

Can you help clarify if you have replaced the board and if the issue persist using the new board?

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
TTimo1
Beginner

No I have not. It's an ASUS Z87-Pro and they don't make them anymore. It would be a bit of overkill to replace it, don't you think? The adapter worked fine before I used it with a wireless range extender, and the USB Adapter works with the same extender which points to a driver issue in my opinion.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Thefutureme,

Thank you for the clarification.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos