Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V not working

BAlek
Beginner

Hello Intel community. I need help for Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V wich isn't working suddenly after a Windows update on end december (don't remember the date). After that I was looking for solutions like uptading my bios, LAN, switching to windows 7 (I'm back to Win10) and other sh*t... nothing works. So I want to share a screenshot of the problem here. And a last thing, I tried the intel driver uptade utility and it found that my chipest needs update from 10.0.14393.594 to 10.1.1.14. So I did it but after the reboot I opened the utility again and it says the same thing that it needs an update from 10.0.14393.594 to 10.1.1.14.

Thanks for any info, any solution. And sorry if there are some mistakes I have a low level of english

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi BryanDef,

Thank you for the post. As Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217 is an onboard ethernet controller, it is recommended to obtain the customized driver from you system vendor. Based on the screenshot provided error code 10 relates to device driver, ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/943104/-this-device-cannot-start-code-10-error-in-device-manager-in-windows, this website is for your reference only, Intel has no control over the content of this third party website) .

Since the issue occurred after an Windows update, please try if you can revert back to the previous state.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
BAlek
Beginner

Thanks for this advice! I will try

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi BryanDef,

You are welcome and hope to hear good news from you.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi BryanDef,

Good day. Any update from the test? Have you contacted the board vendor ?

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
BAlek
Beginner

Wow. Thanks for still assisting me! (I contacted the Asus support) So yes and no, they told me after all that my ethernet port may be broken but I'm chocked because since my setup was created I never touched it, any brutal movement, nothing and 3 months later I got this problem so I'm curious what you think about that. Also they told me that I need to contact my vendor to request a change but I'll need to wait something like 3-6 weeks and that mean 3-6 weeks without my computer, impossible fact. But I'm glad you reply because i got an idea from a friend and want to know what's your opinion. He suggest me to buy an USB-ethernet adaptater. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi BryanDef,

Thank you for the update and I am sorry to hear what happened. If it is urgent for you, you can have the option to purchase an external USB-ethernet adapter or an external network adapter at your own discretion but it is recommended to check with Asus* for compatibility of USB ethernet adapter or external network adapter you intend to purchase. Hope the above information helps.

Hope to hear good news from you.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos