Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

Intel(R) Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-T / Auto Negotiation - Disabled

MikeMinster
Beginner

I have a Dell PowerEdge R740 with a Intel(R) Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-T network card that has Auto Negotiation - Disabled. In our DR environment, we don't have 10g switches so I need to change the setting for Auto Negotiate to "Enabled".

Current firmware version is 20.5.13

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello MikeMinster,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to check your query, please provide the following information. 

1. Operating System used

2. Please share the PBA of the adapter. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. Providing photos of the adapter focusing on the markings (white sticker) found on the physical card will be highly appreciated for us to double check on it. The PBA consists 6-3 digit number located at the last part of the serial number. We will be sending an email for you to attach the photos of the adapter. Please be reminded not to post the photos on this thread to avoid exposing confidential information. This would help us identify if you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) or retail version of Intel Ethernet Adapter.

Identify Your Intel® Network Adapter Model Using PBA Number

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

3. For how long are you using the Intel(R) Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-T?

4. Driver version of Intel(R) Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-T?

5. When you mentioned I have a Dell PowerEdge R740 with a Intel(R) Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-T network card has Auto Negotiation - Disabled. Can you share on which setting are you trying to configure the Auto Negotiation? Is it from the Device Manager?

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello MikeMinster

Thank you for providing the photos of the card via email. 

It also seems that you missed to provide the information below that would help in checking your request. We hope you don't mind sharing this with us so we can continue checking your query.

1. Operating System used

2. For how long are you using the Intel(R) Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-T?

3. Driver version of Intel(R) Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-T?

4. When you mentioned I have a Dell PowerEdge R740 with a Intel(R) Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-T network card has Auto Negotiation - Disabled. Can you share on which setting are you trying to configure the Auto Negotiation? Is it from the Device Manager?

Hoping to hear from you soon. 

We will reach out after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello MikeMinster

Good day!

We received your email and sent a reply. Kindly provide the additional information requested for us to continue checking your query.

Awaiting to your reply. 

Should there be no response, we will after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello MikeMinster

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We received your email and sent a reply. We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to proceed checking your query. Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications on this request. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello MikeMinster

We received your email and sent a reply. We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to proceed checking your query. Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications on this request. 

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello MikeMinster

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos