Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Intel(R) Network Connections Software Version 24.2 Teaming breaks wake-up LAN windows 10 (1903 latest update)

ETett
Beginner

WOL under teaming worked fine before the 1903 Windows 10 update using PowerShell now that Microsoft have removed teaming from device manager.

So I'm flagging it here so that the Intel support can investigate why WOL isn't working in 24.2 Intel network connection software version?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ETett
Beginner

PS,

is anybody else finding that they can't logon to the Intel forums in Google Chrome browser where there is no problem in Microsoft Explorer/edge?

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ETett,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following details for us to check on your request.

1.) System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

2.) When you mentioned WoL isn't working, can you share more details regarding this issue? Is there any error message pertaining to the issue?

3.) Please share the exact Windows 10 version prior to the latest update

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
ETett
Beginner

"1.) System Support Utility log of your system."

Answer: I've attached the log file you requested below.

"2.) When you mentioned WoL isn't working, can you share more details regarding this issue?"

Answer: I'm not sure what details you need? I use a android app on my phone to create a WOL client action for this pc which previously worked and shows that the MAC address and port for the permanent IP address of the PC is accessible but since Intel's 24.2 even though it shows it's accessible and was created successfully after the update I'm unable to wake up the PC as I was previously. The only thing that has changed is Intel's software from previous version 24.1 and its interaction with the lastest Windows 10 1903 update November 12, 2019—KB4524570 (OS Builds 18362.476 and 18363.476).

I had to update to 24.2 after teaming no longer works with the latest Windows build on 24.1 but unfortunately it looks like 24.2 also cripples WOL.

"3.) Please share the exact Windows 10 version prior to the latest update."

Answer: Windows 10 1903 update September 10, 2019—KB4515384 (OS Build 18362.356)

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ETett,

Thank you for the reply. Please see below details for our findings and kindly provide the additional information requested.

1.) We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with MSI system. With this, we’d like to check if you have tried to use driver provided by your manufacturer? Please be informed that for OEM on-board Ethernet controller, it would be best if you can also get in touch with MSI for further support since they might have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. Please visit this link for Support Options for Intel® Ethernet Controllers

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006628/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html

2.) Please share how many systems are affected by this issue.

3.) Have you double checked the Wake on LAN (WoL) configuration on BIOS?

4.) Based on the SSU log provided, the Wake on Link settings seems to be disabled, kindly double check this on the adapter settings to see if this will help in fixing the issue.

5.) Please double check if the "Allow this device to wake the computer" is enabled in Power Management tab of I211 device manager properties.

6.) You are having 2 different issue on your system, is that correct? One with teaming and the other one is WoL. If yes, please share more details on teaming issue.

Awaiting to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
ETett
Beginner

Hi Crisselle C

Success by "Go to Advanced tab and select the Enable PME option. Change the value into to Enabled and save changes." being enabled, for some reason it had been disabled on windows & network 24.2 upgrade this time were previously it hadn't. Teaming is also still working so i'm staying with win10 1903 for a month until others try 1909 + 24.3 intel network drivers.

thanks for your help and consider this issue closed please.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ETett,

Thank you for the update. 

We're glad that everything is working fine now. As you requested, we will now close this request. In case you have any other concern or assistance needed in the future, feel free to post a new question.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos