Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel(R) ProSet Monitoring Service n'a pas pu demarrer erreur id 7000

sganarel
Beginner

Bonjour,

En premier lieu je vous souhaite une bonne et heureuse année.

Je rencontre un problème sur mon ordinateur que je n'arrive pas à résoudre.
lorsque je suis sur un jeux j'ai le pc qui peut au bout d'un moment ce figer et je suis obligé de le redémarrer manuellement.
quand cela arrive, je vais voir dans l'observateur d'événement et je trouve:

Erreur Service control Manager id 7000 qui apparait

Le service Intel(R) PROSet Monitoring Service n’a pas pu démarrer en raison de l’erreur : Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.

et ci dessous screen de l'observateur d'évènement.

services-intel-proset-monitoring-2.jpg

cette erreur reviens à chaque fois que cela ce produit...

dans les recherche que j'ai faite je suis tombé sur cette article du site intel qui parle de Intel(R) PROSet Monitoring Service
https://www.intel.fr/content/www/fr/fr/ ... ducts.html

dans cette article il mette ceux ci:
"Ai-je besoin de Intel® PROSet logiciel ?
L’installation de Intel® PROSet pour le Gestionnaire de périphériques Windows est facultative. Intel® PROSet logiciel doit être installé si vous souhaitez utiliser les Services réseau avancés Intel® (Intel® ANS)."

personnellement je n'utilise pas les Services réseau avancés Intel® (Intel® ANS) ou du moins il ne me semble pas ... d'ou le faite que je me disais que peut être le désactiver via l 'éditeur du registre ou par ailleur ca serais pas pour voir si ca corrigerais pas le problème et si j'en ai vraiment l'utilité sur la configuration de mon ordinateur sachant que dans le gestionnaire de tâche dans l'onglet Services il est sur le statut Arrêté en permanence des le démarrage du PC.

il mette egalement ceux ci dans leur article:
"Quelle version du Intel® PROSet logiciel ai-je installée ?
La version Intel® PROSet logiciel est visible dans le Gestionnaire de périphériques Windows. Allez sur Propriétés de la carte réseau et cliquez sur l’onglet Vitesse de liaison comme indiqué dans le chiffre ici.

Sans titre.jpg

hors moi quand je veux voir quelle version je posséde en allant par le gestionnaire de pérpheriques Windows etc..
j'ai que cela:

gestionnaire de peripherique.jpg

par contre quand je regarde dans propriété pour Intel Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V onglet pilote je remarque que la version du pilote date du 13/08/2015 version 12.13.17.7

pilote.jpg

quand je vais sur la page de Téléchargements pour Connexion Ethernet Intel® I219-V du site Intel :
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/fr/product/82186
je remarque qu'il y a pas mal de téléchargement possible .
Ne faudrait il pas que j'en télécharge et installe un ou plusieurs et si oui lesquels? je me dis que cela pourrais peut être corriger le problème ...

merci d'avance pour l'aide 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Caguicla_Intel

Hello sganarel,

You're welcome, appreciate your reply. 

You mentioned "It is through this same link (official asus site) that I installed this driver last Monday (January 25, 2021) which is version 22.4.16.0 of 2017/07/19 to see if that corrects the problem. , but unfortunately as you will see on the screen below the problem returned the next day.

The problem seems to be that there hasn't been another update since ... and I have a feeling that this motherboard is no longer released .."

Can you confirm that you already tried driver from Intel as based on the SSU logs provided, the current driver installed on your system was from Intel?

Driver Provider:"Intel"

Driver Version:"12.19.1.32"

Will you be able to perform clean driver installation to see if it helps with the problem? 

1. Download the Network Adapter Driver package preferably from Asus website. 

https://www.asus.com/ca-fr/Motherboards/Z170-A/HelpDesk_Download/

2. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

3. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

4. Install the Network Adapter Driver.

You may also consider using 25.6 from Intel website in case that same problem occurs using driver from your manufacturer.

Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10

Version: 25.6 (Latest)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello sganarel,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities and wishing you a happy new year as well!

Please be informed that we can only communicate in English and we are just using a translation tool to understand your query. 

To further check your request, kindly provide the following information.

1.) When was the issue first encountered? 

2.) Is this a newly built system? If no, for how long did it work with encountering any issues with Intel (R) ProSet Monitoring Service?

3.) Is there any changes prior to the issue? 

4.) What is the exact model of your motherboard?

5.) Please provide the System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

We'll make sure to reach out after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
sganarel
Beginner

Hello,

I use the google translation tool to answer your questions in english.

1.) When was the problem first encountered?

It started around March 2019, but I was not going to see in the event viewer the errors noted. (I did not know)

2.) Is this a newly built system? If not, how long has it worked with issues with the Intel (R) ProSet monitoring service?

Yes it is a system built by a computer company which unfortunately closed, the computer was built on 05/19/2015

3.) Are there any changes before the problem?

No no change

4.) What is the exact model of your motherboard?

https://www.asus.com/ca-fr/Motherboards/Z170-A/specifications/

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z170-A

Serial number (motherboard): 150850467100204

SKU Number: SKU

Bios version: 3802

Date: 03/15/2018

noted that I did a bios update the day before yesterday (Sunday January 24, 2021) to see if this will correct the problem or not.

Attached is my system's system support utility log Thank you in advance for the time you devoted to me.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello sganarel,

Thank you for the swift response and effort in translating your answer.

We hope you don't mind providing the additional information below. This will help us in further checking the issue.

1.) How often does the error occurs? 

2.) Is there any specific program that is running or specific activity you do when the error occurs? 

3.) Based on the SSU logs, the driver installed was from Intel. Please be informed that the software drivers linked from Intel page are generic versions, and can be used for general purposes. However, Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) might have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided via your system manufacturer. 

That being said, can you share if you already tried the driver from Asus? We've tried looking for LAN driver from the link you shared and noticed that the latest driver is from Version 22.4.16.0 dated 2017/07/19

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
sganarel
Beginner

Hello,

thank-you for your prompt response.
(I hope the translation is good)

1.) How often does an error occur?

My PC is made for Gaming / Streaming, As soon as I play a game it may or may not happen .. it may come quickly as it may take a few hours.
Yesterday evening, it happened when I had launched the game phasmophobia for 30 minutes and then after restarting the computer I was able to play quietly without any worries.
Sometimes I can play without it having the problem at all.
for example I played the game Dyson Sphere Program for 4 hours without problem and suddenly, a wince and the pc is frozen with the error in the event viewer:
Source ID 7000: Service Control Manager: The Intel (R) PROSet Monitoring Service could not start due to the error:
The specified file can not be found.

2.) Is there a specific program running or a specific activity you are doing when the error occurs?
this only happens when I'm on games but there is no specific game this will happen on.

3.) According to SSU logs, the driver installed was from Intel. Please note that the software drivers linked from the Intel page are generic versions and may be used for general purposes. However, the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) may have changed functionality, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging it provides. To avoid any potential installation mismatch on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer.

That being said, can you share if you have ever tried the driver from Asus? We tried to search for the LAN driver from the link you shared and noticed the latest driver is version 22.4.16.0 dated 2017/07/19

It is by this same link (official asus site) that I installed this driver last Monday (January 25, 2021) which is version 22.4.16.0 dated 2017/07/19 to see if that corrects the problem. , but unfortunately as you will see in the screen below the problem returned the next day ..
The problem seems to be that there is no other update since ... and I have the impression that this motherboard is no longer marketed ..

I put below a screen of the event observer which thus shows each time the error:
"The Intel (R) PROSet Monitoring Service could not start due to the error:
The specified file can not be found."
and so when the PC is frozen and I had to restart it manually ..

service intel proset monitoring.jpg

I would have to change the motherboard as well as the processor and then also the graphics card but I do not have the necessary funding for this yet.
I had started streaming but seeing that the pc crashes suddenly I prefer to solve the problem before streaming again because it's not too good to crash regularly while being in stream ..
I would like to make a youtube channel where there would be gaming and also presentation of computer equipment but there with the problem encountered I find myself blocked ..

I realize that we care a lot but I have nowhere found the solution ...

Thank you again in advance for your help

cordially

Michel

0 Kudos
sganarel
Beginner

modification: the version of 2018/04/27 and not 2017/07/19

That being said, can you share if you have tried the driver from Asus before? We tried to find the LAN driver from the link you shared and noticed the latest driver is dated version 22.4.16.0 from 2017/07/19

It is through this same link (official asus site) that I installed this driver last Monday (January 25, 2021) which is version 22.4.16.0 of 2017/07/19 to see if that corrects the problem. , but unfortunately as you will see on the screen below the problem returned the next day.
The problem seems to be that there hasn't been another update since ... and I have a feeling that this motherboard is no longer released .. "

the latest version and from 2018/04/27 and not 2017/07/19

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello sganarel,

You're welcome, appreciate your reply. 

You mentioned "It is through this same link (official asus site) that I installed this driver last Monday (January 25, 2021) which is version 22.4.16.0 of 2017/07/19 to see if that corrects the problem. , but unfortunately as you will see on the screen below the problem returned the next day.

The problem seems to be that there hasn't been another update since ... and I have a feeling that this motherboard is no longer released .."

Can you confirm that you already tried driver from Intel as based on the SSU logs provided, the current driver installed on your system was from Intel?

Driver Provider:"Intel"

Driver Version:"12.19.1.32"

Will you be able to perform clean driver installation to see if it helps with the problem? 

1. Download the Network Adapter Driver package preferably from Asus website. 

2. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

3. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

4. Install the Network Adapter Driver.

You may also consider using 25.6 from Intel website in case that same problem occurs using driver from your manufacturer.

Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10

Version: 25.6 (Latest)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
sganarel
Beginner

Hello,
I followed what you asked of me.
on the other hand, each time the Intel® I219-V Ethernet connection was reinstalled ... while the drivers were removed ..
it was impossible for me to install the driver for the asus network card, I had an error message below which appear.

20210128_180655.jpg

I suddenly installed the driver via the intel site

"Version: 25.6 (latest)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10 "

I end up with this in my start menu.

intel  demarrer.jpg

intel  bureau.jpg

is there something to do or to settle?

thank you again for your reactivity.
hoping this will solve the problem.

Michel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Michel,

Thank you for the effort in trying out the suggested steps.

We are sorry to hear that you are encountering an error when trying to install the driver from your manufacturer. If you wish to troubleshoot the driver installation issue, we highly suggest contacting your manufacturer for further assistance since they might have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system.

Regarding the Intel® PROSet Software that was installed on your system, it was optional. Intel® PROSet Software must be installed if you want to use Intel® Advanced Networking Services (Intel® ANS).

You may visit this link to Learn about Intel® PROSet Software and How to Access It. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005686/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html

Since you've tried the 25.6 from Intel website, can you share if the latest driver helped with the problem? Do you still encounter the error while on games?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
sganarel
Beginner

Hello.

I have looked at the link you gave me concerning the Intel® PROSet software and how to access it, but for my part if I ever want to see which version I have to install on my pc, when I go to the property from the network card I do not have the link speed tab ...

I noticed that I have in my start menu these: Intel Rapid storage technology but when I click on them I get an error message that says:

"An unknown error occurred while running the application. If the problem persists, restart the computer or try reinstalling the application."

What is Intel storage technology used for?

since the installation of the 25.6 driver on the intel website yesterday, I have not encountered any problems with the computer, I will wait a bit before saying that this is resolved since sometimes it can leave alone 1, 2 or 3 days (I prefer not to claim victory too early)

I'll let you know.

Thank you really for your reactivity and your professionalism.

Michel.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Michel,

You're welcome, it's been a pleasure to help you.

Unfortunately, Intel Rapid storage technology is out of our scope. You may contact your manufacturer to learn more about this and for further assistance. We've also tried looking on our site and you may want to visit this link for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/rapid-storage-technology.html

Going back to the Intel(R) PROSet Monitoring Service issue, we would suggest to monitor your system for a few more days and check if the issue would still occur.

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

Awaiting to hear an update form you. 

To give you enough time in observing your system, we will follow up after 3-5 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Michel,

How are you doing? 

We are sending this to check if the issue was completely resolved after installing driver from SW 25.6. In case you have additional questions and assistance needed for this request, please let us know and we will be glad to check on it.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
sganarel
Beginner

Hello,

Since the installation of the driver SW 25.6. I didn't have any problem (just had a windows crash that had to restart and repair a file the day after driver installation, but nothing to report). I was waiting to see until Monday (that would have done a good week before sending you a message to say if the problem is solved or not.

Thank you for your reactivity and professionalism.

Michel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Michel,

You're welcome, glad to be of help.

Please feel free to share the status of your system after the observation. In case you need any additional assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to let us know. 

Awaiting to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
sganarel
Beginner

Hello.

in the night from Saturday to Sunday I have the computer which is frozen again but this time for no real reason.
In the event viewer the only error message present is:
"EventLog 6008:
The previous system shutdown at 03:26:48 on 02/07/2021 was not planned."

I had the same things on 02/01/2021 at 00:12:47 except that the PC was not frozen but it does a restart and a repair of windows.

I cleaned the PC yesterday morning (dust etc ..).

Since then it seems to be going ... at least I hope ...

thank you again for your reactivity

michel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Michel,

Appreciate your swift response.

We highly suggest raising the 'EventLog 6008' error encountered to Microsoft support. We've tried looking for same issue at their website and we found a similar one. We won't be able to suggest any recommendations for this as they are in best position to further assist you.

If you don't have additional questions on this matter, kindly confirm if we can now proceed closing this request. 

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
sganarel
Beginner

Hello

thank you for your reply. Regarding the error "eventlog 6008" I will already see if it reproduces or not. if this reproduces I would send a message to microsoft to see with them.

I allow myself to ask you another question which has nothing to do with the problem I hope you will not mind otherwise I apologize.
I want to make a youtube channel where I will be able to play games on it but also present various equipment and computer products and why not save some. I would like to be able to collaborate with brands such as intel etc ...
Do you know if it will be possible to obtain products or intel material to be able to present them and see them make why not win?

I thank you in advance .

And again, thank you really for your professionalism

Michel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Michel,

You're welcome. We hope that your system continue to run smoothly.

Regarding your additional query, don't be concerned as we will be glad to answer this. Kindly visit below link for more information on How Do I Submit a Request for Sponsorship.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000015072/programs.html

We wish you the best in your endeavors and thank you again for considering Intel®.

Should there be no additional questions, please confirm if we can now proceed closing this request. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
sganarel
Beginner

Hello.
Thank you again for your answer.

You can indeed close my request.

cordially

Michel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Michel,

You're most welcome, it's been my pleasure helping you out!

Please be informed that we will now proceed closing this request. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos