Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4808 Discussions

Intel Server Board S2600STBR

yudikof
Beginner
when support for what is with Intel Server Board S2600STBR, Intel Xeon Scalable Processors LGA3647 for ubuntu linux and Citrix Hypervisor 8.2 LTSR?
0 Kudos
10 Replies
AdrianM_Intel

Hello yudikof,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To better assist you, can you please provide us more details?

• Would you like to know if Citrix Hypervisor 8.2 LTSR is compatible with this server?
  • What is the model of your processor?

Please let us what kind of setup you are looking for.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
yudikof
Beginner

hello Adrian,

I installed Ubuntu 18.04 linux OS but still can't connect to the LAN?   and the processor model is the Intel Xeon Scalable Processors LGA3647 

Regards 

Yudikof

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello yudikof,

Thank you for your response.

I would like to collect some details:

• Was it working before or is this the first installation?
  • Does it work with a different OS?
  • Do you any LED activity on the port?

I will recommend updating the Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) in case that is not up to date.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29442/Non-Volatile-Memory-NVM-Update-Utility-for-Intel-Ethernet-Converged-Network-Adapter-X722-Series-for-Intel-Server-Board-S2600ST-Family?product=93168

Make sure to run version 3.51 first then you can the latest one 4.10.

Here you can find the Tested Operating Systems for Intel® Server Board S2600ST Family:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024349/server-products/server-boards.html

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
yudikof
Beginner

Hello Adrian, 

Can you help install the NVM update guide because yesterday I tried it and it didn't work (there are 3 EFI, Windows, Linux folders) which folder should i use for NVM update?

Best regards,

yudikof

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello yudikof,

The instructions to the NVM can be found on the readme notes that come with the download file.

Instructions:

1. This update package allows you to enable or disable the SFP+ ports on your S2600ST server board.

2. Extract the update package into a temporary folder.

3. Navigate to your temporary folder with the extracted files.

4. Select the desired method (EFI, Linux, Windows) and navigate to appropriate sub-folder you may try this update through EFI and use the enable the SFP ports

5. Run command "nvmupdatexxx.xxx -c nvmupdate.cfg -rd".

5. Follow prompts on screen.

6. AFTER update completes remove AC from system and wait 30 seconds before applying power and turning system back on.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
yudikof
Beginner

Hello andrian,

Thank you for the installation guide for Lan Intel Server Board S2600STBR because it can already be used for LAN and I want to ask the green LAN for what function (I attach a photo)?

Best Regards,

Yudikof

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello yudikof,

The green port is the Dedicated Management Port, the server includes a dedicated 1Gb RJ45 management port. A dedicated management port provides access to the management features of the BMC. you can check this in the Intel Server Board S2600ST Family Technical product Specification (Page 82,83).

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/Intel_S2600ST_TPS.pdf

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello yudikof,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello yudikof,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
Bhtch52_18
Beginner

I want to purchase 2 Pcs Intel® Xeon® Gold 5218 Processor & Intel® Server Board
S2600STBR .

Gold 5218 Processor Core 16 TDP 125W x 2 Total 32 Core & 250 W 100 persent Use Time
Intel® Server Board S2600STBR TDP 205 W

Processor Required 250W Power But From Server Main Board Get 205 W At the time of
100 persent Processor utilization CAN I get any trouble issue Error or Nothing Runing Smothly ?

0 Kudos