Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4872 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC-8265 5GHz Gigabit speed issue

ekanto
Beginner

Hello,

I am using the AC-8265 wireless card that came with my laptop HP Probook 450 G5. I do also have a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller for ethernet and from that, I get almost up to 600-700Mb/s as my ISP support that much speed. But the issue is with WLAN. I am using the ASUS Dual-Band AC-1200 which supports up to 860Mb/s transfer rate. When I am on the 5GHz band, the adapter controller shows that my wireless link speed is 866Mb/s (Screenshot is given below) but the actual speed I get less than 100Mb/s. Or I can say in short, 5GHz bandwidth is capped to 100Mb/s(Screenshot is given below). My question is, isn't the wireless adapted supposed to provide me speed more than 100Mb/s (), As my router and ISP both support the speed), and if yes, where is the problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

ekanto, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, yes, the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 card supports up to 867 Mbps, as you can confirm in the following link:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/94150/intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-8265.html

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance and to try to find out what might be the problem with this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Which application are you using to monitor the speed of the Wireless connection?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello ekanto, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello ekanto, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos